tell me what i have?

tiny buttons

In the Brooder
9 Years
Feb 5, 2010
other than juvenile button quail and fat fingers, can you tell me what i have? what colors and/or sex they'll be?
tumblr_kygmjaQ0NS1qap99no1_500.jpg

tumblr_kygmdumOc91qap99no1_500.jpg

tumblr_kygma3eeQt1qap99no1_500.jpg

tumblr_kygm06sNJH1qap99no1_400.jpg

tumblr_kyglz1Wmrd1qap99no1_500.jpg

Last edited:
From what I can tell in order from top to bottom:
Cinnamon
Cinnamon
Blueface
wild
Blueface
Silver

I can't tell yet if they have other mutations like double factor or red breasted due to mature feathering not in yet. They are very beautiful though. They are too young to tell sex by bibs and there are no vent feather pictures. But I can kinda guess. Males will have a rust colored feathers around his back side and vent.
Female
Female
Male
Female
Male?
Male?

I think the last 2 might be male due to what looks like a bib coming in, but also could be lighter coloring under chin the females get too.

You got good coloring. Nice looking birds.

Male buttons don't always have a bib, just as females are not always bib-less. It would help if you could tell us how old they are? They look very young, and you can't really tell the sex until they are 4-5 weeks old.

I don't think the one the other poster called a blue face actually is a blue face. The head looks very black, bluefaces shouldn't be like that. Sorry, that would be the first one called a blue face, the second might be, but looks more like a golden pearl. I think the first one called a blueface is a golden redbreast, aka darth vader, I've not seen bluefaces with heads so black. citalk2much is very good with the button colors, I am not so good
lol.png
but do get lucky at times
smile.png

ETA: Bluefaces also do not have bibs, so if the second to last picture does have a bib coming in, it cannot be a blueface
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom