Tell Us About Yourself

Name: Most of my friends call me Missy. my kids call me Mooooooooommmmmmmmm
Birthday: April
Hometown: Bangor Maine
Current Residence: Rocky Mountains Colorado
Relationship Status:Married 10 years
Political Views: i try to avoid politics at all costs
Religious Views: Christian

Activities: homeschooling 2 of the three kids, cooking, cleaning, homesteading and such.
Interests: Reading, gardening, chickens, cooking, knitting, crochet, quilting...anythign to keep busy

Favorite Music: variety

Favorite TV Shows: Big Bang Theory any CSI, Court Tv, Good Eats, Iron Chef, any forensic drama...letterman and craig ferguson too.

Oh man, I love reading about all you guys
smile.png
It is so cool to understand peeps here on a level beyond chickens (even though chickens are still a pretty good level!)....

Keep going, folks
smile.png

Dangerous Chicken, I wanted to comment about your big-heartedness in adopting. I choose not to have any children at all (for a ton of reasons), and some people would judge me as "selfish". But it seems to me that insisting on having your own biological mini-me's is selfish. What you have done is the most un-selfish thing of all.

Hi Everyone, I'm new to chickens, have 2 4month old Americauna. We built a chicken tractor for them which they seem to love a lot. We live in the mountains in Colorado and for the winter we have a log building that I would like to house them in.( used as a green house in years past) The question I have is that there have been bats in there, are bats or their feces harmful to chickens? Thanks

Welcome to BYC! I can't answer the guano question, but I wanted to say hello and welcome to our forum, anyhow
smile.png

frow.gif

Buff, that is very kind of you. I can understand not wanting to have children, and I understand people who do want to have their own. It's all complicated and really up to the individual. We are very happy with our decisions, though, and wouldn't change a thing. Adoption is wonderful, and adopting through your own community is THE BEST!

Name: Tori
Birthday: May 7
Hometown: San Diego, CA
Current Residence: Sterling, AK
Relationship Status: Happily married to a very supportive husband
Political Views: Shaking my head
Religious Views: there's someone out there watching over me.
smile.png

Activities: Stay-at-home stepmom to two wonderful boys, working part time reviewing environmental laboratory data for cleanup sites around the state.

Favorite Music: Celtic

Favorite TV Shows: Anything on Discovery Channel, Chuck, Psych, House, Heroes...

Favorite Books: Nora Roberts, though I don't get much reading in anymore, and Diana Gabaldon

About Us: Fun fact - (I am related to John Adams/John Quincy Adams, Daniel Boone, and I think I'm like the 7th cousin 21 times removed from Elvis.)
lau.gif

We live on a few acres in a very small town and live in a large log home surrounded by ducks, turkeys, chickens, quail, dogs and rabbits (not to mention the bears, lynx, eagles...). We're slowly working our way back to the olden days, when people were more self-sufficient and bartered for what they needed with what they had. We love to be out on the water, love to fish, hunt... boy, I can't remember the last time I bought meat at the store... and otherwise enjoying the great state we live in.

Oh, and I'm a hatchaholic... got pips right now.
big_smile.png

Family6x4-Extensisfix.jpg

Christmas, 2006, before dog #3.

P4130006.jpg

The 3 amigos

IMG_1036.jpg

Checking out the Sandhill Cranes first thing on a frosty morning.

Toriwithberglet.jpg

Last fall, Prince William Sound, picking up berglets to chill the beer.
big_smile.png

Careful, Tori. I might have to come to Alaska. I really want to experience the midnight sun and salmon fishing among other things.

My name is Aaron
I live in Mt.Pleasant NC
I'm selfemployed
Birthdate 7/10/62
Political Conservative
Born again Christian
Intrestes Farming,work,hunting
Fave TV shows Dirty jobs,history,discovery channel
Fave music country

Quote:
I believe that people who choose not to have children are doing a very responsible thing. I know plenty of people who have had children because "it just happened" and they are not the best parents. Having a child because you want a family is a fact of life, but choosing NOT to is a responsible choice for those who know they don't want a family. CONGRATS.

Back
Top Bottom