Temp Controller Problem

I also change the water in my egg incubator and I've now used less water. I'll check tomorrow to see if the fix the temp.
You did not need to change the water, you just needed to change the amount of water. What do you shoot for on the humidity for the first 18 days, and how much on the last 3 days???

I'll change the water tomorrow, I'll see if that fix the problem.

external temp: It is the type used on doors in houses, it lets the person using it know what the out site temp and humidity vs in doors temp and humidity.

In order to compare this one to the built in one you will have to run the wire probe inside through a hole and let the probe be right next to the built in one to see if they are close.

You did not need to change the water, you just needed to change the amount of water. What do you shoot for on the humidity for the first 18 days, and how much on the last 3 days???

For the 18 days 50% to 60%, then after 18 days 70%.

In order to compare this one to the built in one you will have to run the wire probe inside through a hole and let the probe be right next to the built in one to see if they are close.

Yes done that.

I now out the probe from the external temp on the in side of the lid. The temp did not change, so I change the water again and got the temp on the external temp to go to 30.8 C. It did go to 31.4 C then it drop down back to 30.8 C. So I am waiting to see if the temp gets warmer over time.

Okay I've now add less water again. On the egg incubator contrail it say 38.4 C and 65%. The other one is 31.4 C and 85%. The egg seem to have a lot of water in them.

I now asked the Ebay seller to send me a replacement one.

For the 18 days 50% to 60%, then after 18 days 70%.
Listen, just for info, I have hatched 10,000 eggs in the last 3 years or so with a 95 to 100% hatch rate of fertile eggs and if I seen my humidity was at 50 to 60% during the 18 days of incubation, I would Not sleep till I got it down----way to high in my opinion. From what you are saying about your eggs-----way to high for you too---in my opinion.

Listen, just for info, I have hatched 10,000 eggs in the last 3 years or so with a 95 to 100% hatch rate of fertile eggs and if I seen my humidity was at 50 to 60% during the 18 days of incubation, I would Not sleep till I got it down----way to high in my opinion. From what you are saying about your eggs-----way to high for you too---in my opinion.

I know some of the guides say 50% to 60%. I've had the humidity down to between 40% to 45% and then 70% in one of my hatches, unfortunately I ended up with 7 rotten eggs in the end of the hatch, none of any of the 56 eggs formed chicks in the shells.

I know some of the guides say 50% to 60%. I've had the humidity down to between 40% to 45% and then 70% in one of my hatches, unfortunately I ended up with 7 rotten eggs in the end of the hatch, none of any of the 56 eggs formed chicks in the shells.
To be honest, if you had your humidity at 40 to 50% or 60% and you had 7 rotten eggs and No eggs to form chicks---I promise you---you got other problems, incubator, temp, bad eggs, etc, etc---Not humidity problems. Please take my word for that and find out where the problem is. If you had perfectly formed chicks in the unhatched eggs that died the last day---before they hatched then I would say you Might have a humidity Problem----again no formed chicks----its Not The humidity.

I've now tried changing the old temp probe in the egg incubator but it didn't like the new temp probe, so I had to change it back to the old one back.

The old temp probe is made for copper or some metal like copper. I was black. blue colors on the temp probe, I've used sand paper to clean to up.

To be honest, if you had your humidity at 40 to 50% or 60% and you had 7 rotten eggs and No eggs to form chicks---I promise you---you got other problems, incubator, temp, bad eggs, etc, etc---Not humidity problems. Please take my word for that and find out where the problem is. If you had perfectly formed chicks in the unhatched eggs that died the last day---before they hatched then I would say you Might have a humidity Problem----again no formed chicks----its Not The humidity.

I've had one chick almost hatch with 50% to 60%, then 70% for hatch. I also had two chicks hatch from my first hatch. But most of my chicks drown or die in the eggs. I seem to find the my hens do a lot better job of hatching egg, then the egg incubator.

Back
Top Bottom