Temp Controller Problem

I've had one chick almost hatch with 50% to 60%, then 70% for hatch. I also had two chicks hatch from my first hatch. But most of my chicks drown or die in the eggs. I seem to find the my hens do a lot better job of hatching egg, then the egg incubator.
Naturally a hen does a better job----we build incubators as best as we can to try and doas good of a job.

Your next hatch drop your humidity way down---even dry incubate if needed---try to stay below 40% but above 20% for the first 18 days then go to 70 to 80% for the hatch. If you got good eggs and your incubator temp is pretty accurate and you turn the eggs like normal----you should see a lot better results. I am a Hands Off Hatcher---so I do not open my incubator for Nothing the last 3 days(add water through a vent hole if needed)---I wait till day 22 to remove the chicks, works great for me with real high hatch rates.

I now remember why I got the 7 rotten eggs. I had to get a new egg incubator when I was doing the hatch. My old egg incubator broke down. then the motor for the egg tray broke, the heating broke and the incubator controller broke, so that probably by I end up with 7 rotten eggs.

Naturally a hen does a better job----we build incubators as best as we can to try and doas good of a job.

Very true.

Your next hatch drop your humidity way down---even dry incubate if needed---try to stay below 40% but above 20% for the first 18 days then go to 70 to 80% for the hatch. If you got good eggs and your incubator temp is pretty accurate and you turn the eggs like normal----you should see a lot better results. I am a Hands Off Hatcher---so I do not open my incubator for Nothing the last 3 days(add water through a vent hole if needed)---I wait till day 22 to remove the chicks, works great for me with real high hatch rates.

I am on a another hatch right now, I on day 6.
Thanks for the tip.

My incubator has a fan in the lid and water channels in the bottom on the incubator. I add more water to the channels what I did not fill up in the 18 days for hatching.

Your next hatch drop your humidity way down---even dry incubate if needed---try to stay below 40% but above 20% for the first 18 days then go to 70 to 80% for the hatch rates.

Would no water in the egg incubator be very bad the eggs ?

Would no water in the egg incubator be very bad the eggs ?
A lot of people dry incubate(first 18 days)with good results---its just according to what the humidity is?? If your humidity was to be real low---around 20's% or lower then you would need to add a SMALL container of water. If your humidity was in the 30's% then you do not need any water until day 18/lock down---that's when you would want to be in the 70's+%.

A lot of people dry incubate(first 18 days)with good results---its just according to what the humidity is?? If your humidity was to be real low---around 20's% or lower then you would need to add a SMALL container of water. If your humidity was in the 30's% then you do not need any water until day 18/lock down---that's when you would want to be in the 70's+%.

Okay cool

I've got it down to 62% with out water. Also I have now moved my egg incubator from my family's shed to under the stairs in my family's house. I hoping the humidity will go down over time. The humidity is now only come from the 29 eggs.

Does having the egg incubator in the side the polyester box help with getting the humidity lower ?

Back
Top Bottom