temp/humidity

ourhouse51

Chirping
17 Years
Feb 24, 2007
SE Oklahoma....
I just bought an Accurite Hygrometer and put it in my LG. I have had it in for 3 days....temp shows 106, humidity 35%. I have a plain little thermometer in there (the one that came with the LG) and it says 100 degrees...

The humidity has fluctuated from 75% when I first put it in, now down to 35%.....I don't have all the water trays filled..

My first batch of eggs, I had 19 eggs, 1 chick hatched that died the next day, 7 pips.....all dead in the shell. That is why I got the hygrometer, I figured the humidity was off. ...

Now I don't know which one to believe.
roll.png
.... I have eggs ready to go in...(not going to do 19 though, that made me feel like the axe murderer when they died....)

I also have 2 White leghorns broody .....

Between the 3 of us...maybe I'll get some babies!
big_smile.png

Pam

I use the accurite ones too and trust those instead of the one that came with the LG. Your temp is way too high. Should be 101-102 for still air. I only usually put a little water in one of the wells and that seems to keep it between 45-50%.

I also poked a hole with a pencil through the outside wall and fed plastic aquarium tubing through so it lays in the well. Indent the edge of the well with the pencil so the screen lays flat, and use a syringe to fill/remove water as needed. This works well and I don't have to open the bator (I use the egg turner too).

hmm..I keep my temp about 98-100 degrees, and I have had no trouble. Have 7 about half way through the incubation..Americuna...lots of colored eggs!
cool.png

I have one vent open...I just adjusted again to try to bring the temp down.....Put a maxi pad in to bring up the humidity.....I am planning on using the tubing method to put my water in when I need to...(I think that is what happened to last batch, let it go dry...wasn't paying attention...)

I use an egg turner, I put the last batch in egg cartons on day 18......

Pam

Back
Top Bottom