Temperature for still air incubator???

I’ve read still air models need to be higher temp because of the different air layers, and if it’s 102 then the embryo (top of egg?) is actually at 99.5. My thermometer is elevated to embryo level. Do I still need to set it at 102?
IMHO I wish I didn't elevate to 101.5 in a still-air. My hatch rate was less than 20%.

I had multiple thermometers inside and the temperature varied widely. I rotated around to be sure the eggs had exposure to different zones.

This time I rigged the incubator with fans to circulate the air. All zones seem to be maintaining between 99.5 and 100 degrees. Will report back after hatching around Christmas.

First, you do turn at too many parameters at the same time. Difficult to tell which make it better, which worst.

Second, you didn't told anything about fertilization of the eggs. Are you sure all were fertile?

Not sure who you are asking, but if it's me, I opened the eggs after the hatch was over. Of the eggs that did not hatch, About 1/3 were not fertile, 1/3 died around 3-10 days in, and the other 1/3 were mostly formed but not complete.

These were shipped eggs, so I did anticipate a lower hatch rate, but not that low.

Back
Top Bottom