Temperature Questions

DavidKerk

Songster
9 Years
Feb 9, 2013
Hi, I am incubating chicken eggs right now. The temperature has been perfect and then yesterday (day 14 if that matters) it started to go up on the high side. It is now 1.5 degrees above the recommended 101.5 degrees for still air incubators. What should I do? If I open the second little vent hole, will that help or be a bad thing? I have a Little Giant still air incubator with an automatic egg turner. Thanks!

I would open the other vent. You need to get the temperature down. It may be a juggling act to open the vent while maintaining your humidity, but 103 is getting to high.

I have the same LG incubator. Mine drops temp every morning by about degrees at aboutam. My house doesnt vary in temp that much either. Maybe a fan added would help us both. LOL

I have the same LG incubator. Mine drops temp every morning by about degrees at aboutam. My house doesnt vary in temp that much either. Maybe a fan added would help us both. LOL
Yea, maybe a fan would help! It seems like nobody uses still-air incubators!

DavidKerk,
How did your hatch go? I'm curious as I just saw this thread while doing a search on LG still air temps. I just put some eggs in mine as a second attempt - first did not go well for me(or the eggs). I had two eggs out of a dozen develop to about 12-13 days and die. Hope you had a great hatch rate.

Jenny

DavidKerk,
How did your hatch go? I'm curious as I just saw this thread while doing a search on LG still air temps. I just put some eggs in mine as a second attempt - first did not go well for me(or the eggs). I had two eggs out of a dozen develop to about 12-13 days and die. Hope you had a great hatch rate.

Jenny
Thanks! I had one hatch. Not great, but at least it wasn't a total fail! There's always next year!

Back
Top Bottom