Temperature to store eggs before incubation??

Casseylyn8

In the Brooder
Jun 2, 2021
I ordered silkie eggs online that are suppose to be here in 2 days. Just my luck, my AC went out and won't be fixed until next week. I know I have to let the eggs settle for 12 hours or so before putting them in an incubator. But my house is now at 90° or sometime warmer, is that too hot to leave them out? I was thinking about putting them in a cooler with ice and trying to keep the temperature around 60 in the cooler. Any ideas appreciated 🙂

I know I have to let the eggs settle for 12 hours or so before putting them in an incubator. But my house is now at 90° or sometime warmer, is that too hot to leave them out?
Sometimes I don't have "ideal" conditions, I have conditions "I deal" with. I think that is where you are. It is best to let them rest for a while but that is too hot. The way I'd manage that is to start them in the incubator but don't turn them for 12 hours if you can manage that. If you have to start turning when incubation starts them I'd prefer incubation to start instead of waiting in that heat.

Back
Top Bottom