Incubating Coturnix and Bobwhite eggs at the same time?

tone1900

Hatching
Oct 7, 2023
Was wondering if anyone has ever incubated Bobwhite eggs with Coturnix quail eggs, the temperatures are the same but the humidity for bobwhites seem to be higher , also Coturnix quail are shorter but i think by the time they would hatch I could remove before the lockdown of my bobwhites.

Was wondering if anyone has ever incubated Bobwhite eggs with Coturnix quail eggs, the temperatures are the same but the humidity for bobwhites seem to be higher , also Coturnix quail are shorter but i think by the time they would hatch I could remove before the lockdown of my bobwhites.
I have hatched Coturnix quail for my neighbor and had them in the same incubator with chicken and duck eggs. She said they'd be the same temp/humidity as what I already had going on for my own eggs. I looked it up anyway and saw she was right. So 99.5 at 40-50% humidity, and 60-70% for lockdown, and 8 of her 9 eggs hatched.

So now I looked up Bobwhite, and it's saying the same thing as far as I can tell. If the difference is just 5-10% one way or the other from what you know, I would just split the difference, and it would be fine.

It's also saying 18 days for both. Myers Hatchery says they can hatch as early as 16 days and as late as 20.

Unless someone's actually done this, which it doesn't appear thus far, I'd go with they are both the same or extremely close.

Good luck on your hatch!

Back
Top Bottom