Temporary Housing for three lovely girls in or near Denver, CO

GardenYogi

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jul 13, 2012
Houston
My boyfriend and I have broken up and I need to find another place to live. I am looking for housing that will allow chickens, but this is proving to be problematic. I will be done with grad school soon and thus able to move back to Oregon and take the girls with me or find and buy a house here in Co. But unfortunatly, for right now I don't think I can find a place for me and my girls. They are my sweet little baby girls, and I want them to be taken care of for a little while. I don't know if there's anyone around here that can help, but I thought it was worth a try. I will continue to buy them food and pay for thier medical issues ( if any), and I would love to see them a couple times a month.

They are 17 weeks old. A RIR-Miranda, a Golden Comet-Samantha, and a Brown Leghorn-Little Carrie Bradshaw. They are sweet, get along well and are used to oraganic feed, and free ranging through the garden on my days off. I have a little coop/run/cage as well. If you'd need that , I woukd be happy to lend, otherwise if you have a great space for the girls and they get along with your flock that'll work too.

I know most of these posts are for peoplr NOT planning on taking thier birds back, but I love mine dearly. Life is just difficult and there's never a good time to break up. Having odd pets makes looking for new housing hard too.

Please let me know if there is anyone that can help, or if younknow of someone/somewhere I could call.

Thank you so much!

Sarrah

Oh, I feel so bad for you! If you were in Northern California I could help. 8( Good luck and I hope you find foster-chick care! I'll ask some of my CO friends, but I fear they are not chicken people.
Leslie

I haven't been here on the site for a while, but just read your post. I live down in the Springs, have a small yard, have 3 chickens of my own in a small coop. I cannot seem to find the date of your post. I will need to speak to my other half about your situation. I am home all day till about 4:30 pm, then I leave for work. We would have to have your own coop and pen, as mine is barely large enough for my growing chickens. I would have messaged you, but I dont know if it works here on Back yard chickens. Many people Ive written have not written back. If you are still in need, write me back? Im sure there are many particulars you want to discuss? My heart goes out to you and I put myself in your shoes. Have you checked out and asked for help in the CO chats yet?
My boyfriend and I have broken up and I need to find another place to live. I am looking for housing that will allow chickens, but this is proving to be problematic. I will be done with grad school soon and thus able to move back to Oregon and take the girls with me or find and buy a house here in Co. But unfortunatly, for right now I don't think I can find a place for me and my girls. They are my sweet little baby girls, and I want them to be taken care of for a little while. I don't know if there's anyone around here that can help, but I thought it was worth a try. I will continue to buy them food and pay for thier medical issues ( if any), and I would love to see them a couple times a month.

They are 17 weeks old. A RIR-Miranda, a Golden Comet-Samantha, and a Brown Leghorn-Little Carrie Bradshaw. They are sweet, get along well and are used to oraganic feed, and free ranging through the garden on my days off. I have a little coop/run/cage as well. If you'd need that , I woukd be happy to lend, otherwise if you have a great space for the girls and they get along with your flock that'll work too.

I know most of these posts are for peoplr NOT planning on taking thier birds back, but I love mine dearly. Life is just difficult and there's never a good time to break up. Having odd pets makes looking for new housing hard too.

Please let me know if there is anyone that can help, or if younknow of someone/somewhere I could call.

Thank you so much!

Sarrah

I live in Kiowa and can take them. I have 19 3 month old chickens and 4 adult chickens with one rooster. I feed a natural diet, not organic, but they do free range all day.

Back
Top Bottom