Temps dropped on day 19

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Haviris, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Haviris

Haviris Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    Ok, apparently the powers that be do not want me to have Ameraucanas, I'm on my third batch so far and for the first 18 days everything goes beautifully! Then in the last 3 days it all goes down the drain. I did manage to get two live beautiful chicks out of the last ones, both are black and I'm afraid both are also roos (not possitive, but w/ my luck).

So anyway yesterday was day 19 and guess what happened? the electricity went out! I took them to my dad's, they were out for only 2 hours and were down to 70. The eggs also felt cold when I moved them. I know it's a wait and see, but this late in the game what do you think the chances are that they will make it?

2. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Must be in the air, happened to me last night! I wish you luck though, hang in there.

3. Haviris

Haviris Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    Maybe, I'm not giving up on them yet! Hopefully it's just delayed them some, I "thought" I might have heard peeping when I moved them, but not 100% sure (I was also moving the live chicks). We actually still don't have eletricity, we don't even know yet when we will, I'm hearing either tonight or tomarrow night (I'm not at home right now). So I'll be keeping them at my dad's until we get it back. And I just got more eggs in the mail today! Hope we get it back soon!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by