Ten chicks vanished!

You know, my husband was the first to say, "perhaps someone came and took them. We do have very pretty birds." I couldn't imagine someone stealing them...but ya never know. We own a few acres on top of a hill and it is a private drive up to our house. Only one neighbor and they are the farm behind us. As crazy as this world is right now, I wouldn't be surprised if someone had the stones to come on to private property and steal birds. Also, I have searched all over and no trace! Nothing! At first I thought maybe one of our broody jersey Giants cooed the babes to her and she had them all tucked under her. She will not let me close enough to inspect but after now 48 hrs of them missing, I think I would have heard or seen some evidence of them. I'm at a loss.... And no snake present. At this point some evidence will help me feel better. On another note: if someone did have the stones to go into the coop to steal peeps... Why leave the older bigger peeps there? The older ones are prettier, I think, and bigger.

Last edited:
You have a point. Have you looked for hair caught on any place where a varment might be able to get in. There are web sites where you can identify varment by both hair and prints. I would set up a cam.

Back
Top Bottom