Tennessee

I've been kinda interested in getting some cochin eggs, and hoping for some pullets! I want one that will be a broody lil booger and hatch more eggs for me
big_smile.png

Quote:
I have a SUPER BROODY Barred Cochin. Went broody 3 times very successfully last year. I plan on crossing her (and her sister) with my blue cochin rooster.....later this spring. I dont think either are laying right now. Super Broody just came off being broody (she was still wanting her kids but I took them away so she could go back to the big flock) and isnt bad laying yet and sister is not during winter, I dont think.

The rooster is the son of a hen that was quite broody and a rooster who was brother to the super broody ladies. So the offspring of this cross should, theoretically, be super broody!

Southern comfort where at in upper Tn? I am in Portland,just shy of the Ky line.
Do you have any blur orpingtons?

Any one need any small rabbits. They are a dwarf cross but are bigger than dwarfs,about fryer size. Ready to breed or just bred. Does are vlack,bucks are several colors. $5 each.

I have to wait to get more eggs until after the first ones hatch
roll.png

We didn't get any snow, after having so much I'm glad that we didn't. I already need to clean the coops AGAIN from all the snow we had that wouldn't melt they'd just stand in the coop and poop so now it's hard to see shavings, I'm dreading the work it's going to take to clean it.
hmm.png

I wish it'd warm up again and stay warm for at least a week, I miss the warm weather
th.gif
atleast my runs are dryer today.

Nella, let me know when your ladies start laying again, or if you hatch some babies out because by the time spring rolls around I'll be busy hatching my own babies off. Only 7 at a time...

Back
Top Bottom