Tennessee

Ok, thanks. We'd really prefer one that's a little older, but I will definitely keep you in mind if that option doesn't present itself.

Go with cree's... I'd rather not hatch those if I don't need to, lol... my bator space is full of AC's, Am's and Paint Silkies...

Last edited:
Good Morning!
While I have been a member of BYC for quite a few years, I went inactive for a bit while I rehomed my small flock and prepared to move south from Connecticut.
My family and I are now proud residents of Tennessee (for 2 weeks now). We are in McMinn County.
I am hoping to get some guinea keets as well as some hearty dual purpose chickens.
Any and all advice would be much appreciated!!

Sara

I won the Lottery...the Cockerel lottery that is, with these guys,
I now have a total of 8...and 9 more chicks that aren't old enough to know what they are yet...YAY ME! I offering up 3 Black Ameraucana Cockerels, for free. They are 12 weeks old. These are not Easter Eggers, these are true Ameraucanas. If you are thinking about breeding Easter Eggers or Olive Eggers...these are your guys as they have the blue egg gene and when bred to a white egg layer you'll end up with pretty light blues or green eggs. If bred to a brown egg layer you'll get an olive or khaki egg color!

I also have one Olive Egger Cockerel (out of 33 eggs I bought off of Ebay...three hatched...two are cockerels). I'm keeping one and need to find this fellow a home. He is free. I can provide more pictures if you'd like...just let me know! I'm located between Asheville NC and East Tennessee, can meet anywhere between Erwin TN & Asheville.
AMER1.jpg
AMER2.jpg
AMER3.jpg
AMERBL.jpg
OEROO.jpg

I won the Lottery...the Cockerel lottery that is, with these guys,
I now have a total of 8...and 9 more chicks that aren't old enough to know what they are yet...YAY ME! I offering up 3 Black Ameraucana Cockerels, for free. They are 12 weeks old. These are not Easter Eggers, these are true Ameraucanas. If you are thinking about breeding Easter Eggers or Olive Eggers...these are your guys as they have the blue egg gene and when bred to a white egg layer you'll end up with pretty light blues or green eggs. If bred to a brown egg layer you'll get an olive or khaki egg color!

I also have one Olive Egger Cockerel (out of 33 eggs I bought off of Ebay...three hatched...two are cockerels). I'm keeping one and need to find this fellow a home. He is free. I can provide more pictures if you'd like...just let me know! I'm located between Asheville NC and East Tennessee, can meet anywhere between Erwin TN & Asheville.
View attachment 1103104 View attachment 1103105 View attachment 1103107 View attachment 1103108 View attachment 1103109
Just out of curiosity how can you tell they are Roos? I've got 4 lavender ameraucanas similar size/age and I'm clueless. I suspect one is a male.. thanks in advance!

Just out of curiosity how can you tell they are Roos? I've got 4 lavender ameraucanas similar size/age and I'm clueless. I suspect one is a male.. thanks in advance!

Comb size, redness, saddle and hackle feathers... also, blues have specific patterning in cockerels... share pics, can probably help you figure out genders, I breed Self Blue (Lavender) myself...

Back
Top Bottom