Tennessee

Random mutt silkies
clap.gif
that sounds interesting
Mine sure are slacking but I'm getting some from the Marans/Ameraucana pen and then I have several EE and Am's free ranging with AM EE and others but are cheeky...even my brown egg chicks have been hatching cheeky so I know Levi and Red are busy

That pen has a gorgeous buff silkie roo (my backup) covering blue, white and buff hatchery hens. I haven't tried hatching anything out of there, but it would be interesting for sure. If your kids want to give some random mutt silkie eggs a try I am happy to send some that way later this summer.
smile.png

Levi is the splash boy you got from here, right? What did he finally grow into? If it's the same one I am remembering I was just talking about him the other day. He was a good boy.

Morning all! Thanks to stanglover, Nella, CityGirl and others who posted snow pics. It was a beautiful, snowy day out there yesterday!

Robo, how's the beach out your way? Did you keep your critters from freezing?

Okla-DD, I keep forgetting to PM you my addy. I will do that right after this post. Hope you didn't get too much ice up there in the north country!
smile.png

Shelly_WNC, welcome! You live where I would LIKE to live. I always end up looking in the Pleasant Shade area when I am doing online real estate dreaming. Our informal luncheon would be a bit of a hike for you, but it would be just lovely to meet you on Saturday if you have the time. The info is here https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=432118&p=5

ginasmarans
and other West TN folks, I wish we had a way to easily meet. (East TN folks, too!!) Are you all considering some "local lunches" to maybe get together and hatch up chickeny mischief?

I am looking forward to Saturday, but I have to admit I'm also feeling a little prickle of anxiety knowing I am going to be in the company of some MAJOR chicken enablers. I may come home with even more ideas for breeding projects, and I will end up on the evening news . . . "Middle Tennessee woman arrested for possessing 1,300 chickens on her small suburban lot . . ."
tongue.png
Be gentle, ladies - - especially you, Beuhler. Remember:
12029_mushroom-cloud.jpg

[P.S. - CityGirl, Random Mutt Silkies . . . sounds like a band.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I need some warm sunny weather..I may get board and fill another bator of mystery chicks.I do have more Blue Laced and Bantam Cochin's going in later today
big_smile.png

Jen would be in no way implying I am one of those enablers I know she didn't mean me or Anne must be someone else
idunno.gif

Levi is my blue Wheaten Ameruacana I got from Speckledhen last Summer.I bought Blue Jeans from you..he went to the Carthage area.He was more of a blue with red leakage-had some cute EE colored chicks though.
35655_levi_aug_011.jpg

Here is the oldest of Jens chicks The one in the left corner is a Roo if anyone needs him..if you only want him I would send one pullet with him
lol.png

Chickens1-10100.jpg

OK now for some cute fluff
Chickens1-10096.jpg
Chickens1-10074.jpg

Chickens1-10076.jpg
Chickens1-10075.jpg

The tween weeks..if only our kids had tween weeks and not years
big_smile.png

Chickens1-10098.jpg
Chickens1-10097.jpg
Chickens1-10086.jpg
Chickens1-10108.jpg

Chickens1-10092.jpg
Chickens1-10088.jpg

Some of the Crew that keeps the chicks coming
Chickens1-10061.jpg
Chickens1-10056.jpg
Chickens1-10050.jpg
Chickens1-10046.jpg
Chickens1-10034.jpg
Chickens1-10058.jpg
Chickens1-10028.jpg

Chickens1-10026.jpg
Chickens1-10025.jpg
Christmasandbirds427.jpg
Christmasandbirds420.jpg

Holly, that is a great picture of your two "little" men!
love.gif

But what did I tell you about all the chick pics, hmmm???? My poor heart can't take all that speckledy goodness this early in the day. . . .
droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom