Tennessee?

Quote:
See you this week
smile.png
And thanks.

Quote:
I thought that was you !!
big_smile.png
Glad to hear the babies are all doing well !!!!! Little Pyr had us all worried there for a while !!!
big_smile.png
As soon as I get my coop run fence up I may be interested in some extras . . . . not that I need any but . . . haha
big_smile.png
Dr. Rick's wife has gotten him to start putting up the fence on their farm so that she can get her chickens too
big_smile.png
And Dr. Maria has chickens now too
smile.png
talk about the small animal clinic that has gone to the birds
wink.png
Tammy up front has some hens as well and Tamie2 in the back has one rooster
big_smile.png
hahaha
smile.png
Look at us go. I think Dr. Stewie rolls his eyes at us all haha

Morgan and Sister think the chicks need protecting and sister likes to bathe them . . . and if I am not careful and she sneaks into the brooder room on me I often have to break out the blowdryer by the time they are clean to her liking . . . .

HUGS to you all
big_smile.png

Quote:
I thought that was you !!
big_smile.png
Glad to hear the babies are all doing well !!!!! Little Pyr had us all worried there for a while !!!
big_smile.png
As soon as I get my coop run fence up I may be interested in some extras . . . . not that I need any but . . . haha
big_smile.png
Dr. Rick's wife has gotten him to start putting up the fence on their farm so that she can get her chickens too
big_smile.png
And Dr. Maria has chickens now too
smile.png
talk about the small animal clinic that has gone to the birds
wink.png
Tammy up front has some hens as well and Tamie2 in the back has one rooster
big_smile.png
hahaha
smile.png
Look at us go. I think Dr. Stewie rolls his eyes at us all haha

Morgan and Sister think the chicks need protecting and sister likes to bathe them . . . and if I am not careful and she sneaks into the brooder room on me I often have to break out the blowdryer by the time they are clean to her liking . . . .

HUGS to you all
big_smile.png

Glad the practice has gone to the birds, now who wants turkeys???

I have spare sizzles (older), spare bantam dark brahmas babies. And boy am I expecting more partridge rocks, two hens just went broody. Claimed the eggs they had I didn't want to hatch and gave them some I had in the bator.

hahaha sounds like you have lots of babies on the way !!! I know Maria has ducks, and who knows, Rick might be into turkey raising
big_smile.png

My problem is I have been living in my grandmother's estate while moms siblings decide what they want to do with it, my uncle told me probably 2 years here and for the first year I was skeptical, so I finally settle in, decide to get guineas for the ticks and chickens for eggs and fun and all of a sudden the heat pump breaks and there are trees on the property near the house that need to be removed and now my uncle is coming down from DC for the first time since grandmom died in december of 2007 to work on clearing her stuff out of the house so they can settle the estate . . . . he is the executor of the estate and the only one on any of the bank accounts even tho mom is the only local child, everyone else is 5+ hrs away . . . . . so now i'm going, okay they sell the estate and Whitney and her chickens are out of a home . . . . I just wish I had more warning than him all of a sudden going "hey, im gonna be coming home sometime in the next 2 weeks to start getting rid of mom's stuff so we can settle the estate" I knew I wouldn't be here forever but I was hoping that it would last the 2 years I was told it would be so that I would get thru graduation and buy some land hahaha

Hopefully I won't have to move my chickens out to Dr. Ricks or Maria's while I am in the process of finding somewhere else to live. I can always move myself and the dobergoobers back in with mom but i don't think the city of Oak Ridge would be keen on 21 chickens, 3 roosters, and 3 guineas living in moms back yard for a few weeks/months LOL

I do think tho that I want to find, to quote my grandmother(dad's mom) a "dominicker" chicken. Maggie (my other grandmother) has been so excited since I got the chickens and has dad bring her out here to see them and she has started talking about how her grandmother raised "dominickers", so I may try and find one hen to get just for her
smile.png
I figure at this point I'm gonna have to deal with what I got when the time comes so whats one more . . . and my fiance hasn't left me yet . . . even tho the chickens def ARE NOT his thing LOL ("why did you have to get chickens, of all the animals out there, why chickens?!") but as much as he loves eggs, once they start laying lol it will be all good
smile.png

Yup yup, that is about what I figured
smile.png
Looking at pictures I think their chickens had single combs (yes, lol we do have random older pictures of family, farms, and animals haha)

I am thinking about maybe getting a couple of cuckoo maran hens since they have the barred look but lay really cool dark eggs
smile.png
She also got a kick out of my silkie babies and I am pretty sure she would get a huge kick out of some polish lol
smile.png

How is your polish baby that you got at the show doing?

Quote:
Everyone gets a kick out of watching the Polish run around!

The new Polish babie (Evie) is settling in nicely! Einstein didn't like her at first, so she buddied up with my last Silkie. But now everyone gets along great! Evie was a little freaked out about going outside to play, and kept running back inside to hide. Made me sad. Also, treats TOTALLY freak her out. But she's eating plenty of chick feed and looking a little sleeker (IMO). The rest will come with time.

I found a BYC home for my 4 millie pullets, which will make room for the lavender d'Uccles I got from Amazondoc. So I'll introduce them to the Polish & Seramas next week, hopefully!

Back
Top Bottom