Tennessee?

Awesome !! Good Luck with that !!!!!! Glad to hear Evie found some buddies
big_smile.png
Give Einstein some time, once she grows up to be a beautiful polish lady he won't be able to resist
wink.png

When the new barn gets built they'll have to room together, so they'd better become buddies!

I'm hoping we get the new chicken digs built before the testosterone kicks in, or everyone will be living in temporary housing to split them up!

Quote:
Once he gets fresh range fed eggs you'll be golden.
smile.png
I can imagine sister slobber washing a baby lol.

That sucks about the estate. Though sometimes 2 weeks has a way of sliding into months so I'll hold out hope. I'll bring one or two of the tame turkey babies by when I come out that way and they're feathered. They're adorable. Of course spoiling them on a car ride will make them even worse.

http://www.porterturkeys.com/fallfire.htm

I have bourbon reds and babies that will be those. It's basically a sweetgrass calico. Right now though theyre all yellow.

Jywel,
How big are your EE's? I've been wanting to mix some with my brahmas. Sorry to hear about your fox problem, saw one in the neighbors field a couple of days ago in broad daylight and headed to my barn:mad:, the horse will teach it a thing or 2 if she gets a chance, won't allow any other animals in her barn, and will stomp any dog that doesn't belong to us. Hey this may be a stupid question but is a Sizzle a frizzled silkie? Cause I need some silkies too. Don't suppose you need some light brahma?
Barb

So yeah, it's me and this whole poultry farming thing is keeping me jumping. Know anyone who wants... Easter Eggers(barred very pretty), Sizzles(blue/black), Bantam Dark Brahmas, and in about two months Bourbon Red or Calico turkeys? LOL I'm going to end up with too many, might even sell off some of the Partridge Rocks, they're laying like fiends.

Mac fussed ALL night last night - figured out that the fox had dragged Mildred's carcass to the driveway in the dark and was out there chowing down in the dark all night. NO wonder Mac was having fits. She's not old enough to go out and challenge something but I always hear when something is up.

They are standard EEs but currently only about 6 weeks old. It seem the estate prob won't get settled til the end of summer
celebrate.gif
giving me time to find somewhere else yay !

Quote:
I'm in Sevier County in the Smokies. Thanks to wegotchickens I am now the proud mom of 9 sweet and beautiful feather babies that have stolen my heart. Just had my first roo crow this week and I was pretty excited. :) I'm building them a big coop and run right now and hope to have it finished soon.

Then, I'm hoping to find someone nearby with hatching eggs so I can try for more feather babies. :) I like the standard chickens the best mostly because of larger eggs. Three I have now are banties though and I love them just as much. Hope to find some Barred Rocks and Easter Eggers and RIR's and Brown Leghorns to name a few. I will post on buy, sell, trade when I'm ready to buy and hope to find someone nearby who can meet me to exchange money for eggs (future feather babies). :)

GrannyPat

Sevier what town is that I always get confused. My mom goes to pigeon forge alot and my daughter just had an overnight field trip to pigeon forge. I'd like to head that way this summer for a few days if I am coming close I could drop you some brahma eggs.

Barb

Back
Top Bottom