Tennessee?

We had some nasties blow through today. Scared the heck out of my poor 11 week old Sebastopol goose. I thought he was going to have a heart attack.

My husband was holding him and he was honking so loudly and shaking. Poor thing.

I wish it rained longer, we could use it.

Laurie

We had a few serious storms today, enough to somehow blow the breaker in the garage and kill all the power to the coop and brooder. Fortunately it coincided with the storm which cooled everything off at least 10 degrees if not more, so losing the fans in both was nothing major. My recent 6 foot high upgrade to the chicken run covered with tarp did finally get tested and drains correctly FINALLY, so that was nice. My chickens could care less about the storms, although my dogs and cat threw a fit. I got caught in the worst of it driving home with a truckbed full of lumber....so much for building that gate today!

The storms we had about a month and a half back were severe enough to bend up part of my garage roof, demolish all my outside flowers and plants, take a tree down out back, flood out the road coming in here, and knock a HUGE tree through the power lines around the corner.

cool.png
Im in Dyersburg. We started with about 20 from 4h spring of 2008 and now we have about 250. Chicken fever is contagious

I have several Belgian Quail bantams and silkies hatched out if anyone is close enough and interested. They are $$2 each. The silkies are pure but the colors are mixed. There are several pretty colors cropping out. I have a red roo ,white hen,partridge he,black hen so the chicks may be any color! I am located in Portland,Tn

Quote:
I do live there.
wink.png

There is a lot of urban sprawl around Nashville, so it kind of depends on how far you are willing to commute -- or if you have to commute at all -- and how much of a country atmosphere you want, and how much you're willing to pay for it.

I like Lebanon. I live east of town, and there's a good deal of relatively cheap property around here. I can still get to my parents (who live south of Nashville) in 45 minutes, or the Nashville airport in 30 minutes, or the center of Nashville in around 35-45 minutes depending on traffic. I'm 10 minutes from I-40, and about 10 minutes from Lowes or Walmart. And about 15 minutes from a good sushi restaurant.
wink.png
It's the right amount of country for me!

Quote:
I have been looking for land all over the Southeast - the cheapest pretties country is in extreme northern tn- you go west of nashville you have rolling hills -you go east of nashville you get mnts- it really depends on how far your willing to drive because TN is full of nice smaller towns

Seriously, I have yet to find a town btwn. Nashville and Knoxville that I DON'T like! It's gorgeous out here. Tons of teeny tiny unincorporated villages and many small towns to choose from. The best thing to do IMO would be to drive it.
smile.png

There is this very small town in north west TN Called Troy. There is more country to it than town. But it does have a poice station, fire dept, grocery store that has very well priced items, a couple of banks, restaurants 2 parks car wash. Everything you would need packed in one. Even a Dollar General. The country is rolling hills and winding roads and beautiful landscaping. The rent and to buy is cheap, but if you need to work, forget it. This area has very little work. It would be great for the retired and disabled on a fixed income. This is where i'm moving to, well just on the border of Troy and Hornbeak.

Back
Top Bottom