Termites

Genisis

Chirping
Mar 19, 2020
Phoenix Arizona
I have an exterminator coming out to treat for termites. the solution thier using will be underground and I was told just not to let them graze for about 5 hours. My concern was if that's too soon? I know with weed killer you want to wait two rain cycles. Would anyone be able to share thier experiences in this?

I’m gonna follow this thread as I have a termite inspection & yard treatment coming up this Saturday. I thought I had ants making a mound in a corner of my chicken coop around one of the posts. Within the last couple days, those “ants” have grown wings & upon closer inspection, before I sprayed, I realized they are more IN the post than around it! Nevertheless, Terminix is going to check it out and also treat my yard for ants while they’re here. So if anyone has any advice for Genisis, there’s definitely more than just one member going to benefit, as always! MUAH!

I'm in the same boat the wood shaving is attracting termites ar first we thought it was ant an it wasnt 😑

Very few insecticides are approved for use in poultry houses or on chickens in the USA. Find out what products are going to be used, and what alternatives are available, in writing. You want those termites GONE, but also no issues with your birds or their eggs.
Herbicides and chickens are a bad combination, BTW.
Mary

I have had multiple bad experiences with insecticides. I would keep the chickens away from it as long as practical. The stuff used for my lab kills some vertebrates following uptake through skin.

Back
Top Bottom