Terribly itchy eye

Eye infections hurt a lot. That's why she's scratching at it, only to introduce more bacteria into the eye.

Leaving pus in the eye encourages bacteria to remain and proliferate in the eye. That's why it hasn't improved with the treatment you've been trying.

Chicken pus is tough stuff. It will not absorb into the tissues as human pus does. You have to remove it. It may seem hard to do, but approach it with the mindset that you will be able to peel it off the eye once you can grab a corner of the leathery stuff with a tweezers or your fingers if you are dexterous.

Attachments

• F3E254E9-3364-4399-ACDD-C5DD5AA067DA.jpeg
    F3E254E9-3364-4399-ACDD-C5DD5AA067DA.jpeg
    305.9 KB · Views: 4
  • FE92C6D7-7E92-4382-BAA7-28865D20817D.jpeg
    FE92C6D7-7E92-4382-BAA7-28865D20817D.jpeg
    537.7 KB · Views: 3
  • FB85D74C-EDF2-4DD3-BE86-0A967104BB28.jpeg
    FB85D74C-EDF2-4DD3-BE86-0A967104BB28.jpeg
    439 KB · Views: 3
I brought her in to take a good look. To me it looks like the lower rim of the skin around the eye is torn. These pictures are with a bunch of triple antibiotic on. However, it doesn’t seem to be responding to antibiotic ointments, that’s why I was wondering if it was fungal.

Eye infections hurt a lot. That's why she's scratching at it, only to introduce more bacteria into the eye.

Leaving pus in the eye encourages bacteria to remain and proliferate in the eye. That's why it hasn't improved with the treatment you've been trying.

Chicken pus is tough stuff. It will not absorb into the tissues as human pus does. You have to remove it. It may seem hard to do, but approach it with the mindset that you will be able to peel it off the eye once you can grab a corner of the leathery stuff with a tweezers or your fingers if you are dexterous.
I'm not sure what you are seeing as pus. In the first picture I posted, when I zoom in I do see something over the eyeball itself. Is that what you are refering to?

There seems to be a lump on her eyelid and next to the lump a little rectangular thing in her eye in the first picture. Is that attached to her eyelid or debris or a worm?

Back
Top Bottom