Test hatch on lockdown

yaaaaay for you AND chickaroo!
well finally I have got a chick hatching oh yea I am over the moon as well
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
Thank you, I am over the moon for these little chicks! Last count, 11 babies, 7 unhatched eggs. Going to put them into the brooder in the morning to give the seven every chance and probably won't discard eggs for a couple of days or so yet. Pics, I will see what I can get when I put them into the brooder tomorrow. :)

Thank you Roxannemc! :) And chickarooo that is one very cool hatcher!!:)
I still have 11 chicks, one that had a difficult time hatching passed away.:( But I am not complaining because I did have excellent luck with this hatch.
I hope to start another incubation period the first or second week of September with a few breeds I am very interested in, especially now that I know the quirks of this incubator.
For the record, a Farm Innovators incubator can work very well. BUT do not go by the thermostat set in the top of the incubator, go by the little thermometer they send to put in with the eggs. I found out that there was a 10 degree or so difference between the two.
I also got a different hygrometer to put into the incubator because I wondered how accurate the one set in the top was. There was a great difference between the two.
So, I left the one in with the eggs at 40 percent until the last three days of hatch and then I upped it to between 60 and 70 percent.

Oops, sorry, I got who had the hatcher wrong,lol!! Sorry about that!! It IS really cool.:)
The 11 little buff brahma chicks are thriving. I am enjoying getting to know all their personalities, there are some that are more bold, others are shy and yet again others fall somewhere in the middle.:)
I will be starting another hatch after labor day and then hopefully again in October.(Different breeds) I will update on this thread.

Back
Top Bottom