I got the itch... I was going to wait.... but that dang incubator was calling my name! So I saved yesterday's egg, plugged the thing in, have been baby-sitting the settings to make sure it stays stable while I wait on a couple more eggs. I even woke up at 2am to make sure it was holding steady at night. We live in a drafty old farm house with wood stove heat for the most part. The furnace will kick on if it drops below 62 degrees. But still... not the best living arrangement for a hovabator. I've been successful in the past for winter hatches though, same incubator type, same room, same windows and heat... But I had a request for chickens (techniquely I was supposed to give my 1st pair to someone else... but I got attached to them... and promised babies instead) so I'm going to give it a try. Also gives me a test before I buy eggs. I plan on setting the 8th, so that the hatch is right after Thanksgiving, so that my husband will be in town and he can watch. Hopefully I'll have atleast 5 eggs to set, and hopefully atleast 3 make it through, and hopefully there's only one boy if that! The hen that's laying had pullets previously... so that bodes well. I love counting chickens before they hatch!