Test hatching...woohoo chickies soon

hinkjc

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
PA
I couldn't resist with everyone else hatching, so decided to throw some eggs in to see how things are going here at home. For those who aren't familiar, the names are my roosters.

10 Sparky (White Araucana) on day 14 today - 8 growing, 1 clear and one I can't see in so it stays.

14 Zilla (Buff silkie) eggs on day 11 today - all growing

15 Sunny (Buff silkie) eggs on day 11 - 13 growing, 2 stopped in 1st week - I think these two are the two that slipped out of my fingers when I was putting them back in the turner.

I also snatched up some from my partner last week to see how things are coming along over at his farm. All are growing well as of today, day 7.

8 Silver Laced Wyandottes
11 Rhode Island Reds
12 Black Austrolorps

Looks like I should have chickies over the next week or two.
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

After these hatches, I plan to set some buff orps, easter eggers and black araucana.
ya.gif

Jody

Jody,

Your eggs are the best!!! My buff orphingtons are getting big and the buff silkies are so pretty. My son in law took a couple of the buff silkies and he was telling me tonight how much prettier they were than his white ones.

jackie

Katy, he is actually selling that flock, but I couldn't resist to grab some eggs and hatch some before they're gone. I'm so excited they are all growing cuz they are such little cuties. Let me check with him to see if he has any fresh eggs for you.

Jackie - thanks so much. I'm glad you are enjoying them. I have 11 new buff orp girls going into my pen this year and they are so sweet and always happy to see me. And the silkies are turning out pretty nice. I have more work to do on those flocks, but I am happy with our progress so far.

Jeaucamom - yes, it is so cool. I can't wait to have brooders full of little peeps again. So eggciting!

Now watch, I'll probably jinx myself and something will go wrong. Please keep your fingers crossed that all goes well.
fl.gif

Jody

Oh no Katy, not a single roo. I think the hens are gorgeous too. Those weren't our eggs were they? That is so frustrating when you only get one, but then when it's a roo it just makes it worse. So sorry to hear that. I'll take to my partner and see if he's got 'female' eggs only. lol

Tsagirl, Awww, You are sooo sweet.
hugs.gif
I'll take all the hatching dust I can get. Speaking of dust..I have some more bators to get cleaned up. Spring is sneaking up on me.
jumpy.gif

Jody

Quote:
He was the only one of those eggs that hatched, but some of my own did that were in at the same time. I learned my lesson the first time I hatched shipped eggs and only had one lone chick hatch. Now I always put some of my own in because they always hatch well. No, I don't think they were from him....I didn't get them through you anyway. I think I got them off ebay...I'd have to see if I can come up with the name. Let me know if he's got any eggs!

I've got 4 of your Araucanas in the hatcher now. I had 5 make it this far, but last night when I moved them over one of the 5 had went bad.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom