test me!

Respiratory symptoms yes. I think isolation or destroying the flock is the only treatment.
Humans can get it. There are vaccines to prevent it though.
ahhhh ok. I looked up pics and it definitely looks worse than the average CRD my chickens have. :/ I understand there is no 'cure' for that either though.

Thanks google. I have seen things I can't unsee.
A lot of the chickens had twisted back, wry neck like heads. Is Newcastle's neurological too?

ahhhh ok. I looked up pics and it definitely looks worse than the average CRD my chickens have. :/ I understand there is no 'cure' for that either though.

Thanks google. I have seen things I can't unsee.
A lot of the chickens had twisted back, wry neck like heads. Is Newcastle's neurological too?
I think so.

:barnie I know a lot less than I think I do.
Next year's our family reunion. I want to be perceived as the smartest Chicken Expert on the planet and impress everyone. You all must help me!:bow
All of the questions asked have the answers in the Avian Quiz Bowl manual, incidentally. I don't know how to link you to it, but print it off, and gain the knowledge of generations of poultry masters.
Too bad though. It doesn't have genetics. One question I asked it doesn't have the answer to, because I take interest in breed origin.

:barnie I know a lot less than I think I do.
Next year's our family reunion. I want to be perceived as the smartest Chicken Expert on the planet and impress everyone. You all must help me!:bow
You will know more by the time the reunion comes. You have time. You have to remember that chicken expertise comes from years of hands on experience as well as study. I’m only in my 3rd year with chickens and there’s still so much I haven’t learned yet. Plus, chickens can sometimes make us feel stupid by defying what’s considered the norm. Kind of like raising kids, if you ask me. That’s why there’s no one right way to raise chickens in my mind.

Back
Top Bottom