Texas 2011 Chickenstock

allen wranch

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Jan 11, 2007
San Marcos, TX
Hipetall wrote:
Sooooooo any plans for a 2011 Chickenstock?
We had such a great time last year... and so I am really hoping there is going to be another this year!!!

Of course we have to have a 2011 Chickenstock...

Egg swap and chicken bingo should be fun.

Please bring a pot luck dish for your family and 4 others.

Attendees:
Allen Wranch + 1
hipeatall + 2 - cupcakes
SAKim + 1 - relish,veggie tray
riverman
zookyla
leghorn dude
hippie hen ?
wholisticmidwife + ?
Wimberleytexaschick + 1
Zibby + 1
txsckn1
lauriruth – Turkish bean salad

+ Appriximately 20 from Austin Backyard Poultry Meetup Group​

Last edited:
Yay! Chickenstock Texas 2011!!!
wee.gif
I really enjoyed it last year and make that delicious potato salad recipe I got every chance I can!
Oh please, oh please, oh please have it on a Sunday! I work every Saturday and wouldn't be able to make it if it's scheduled that day.
hit.gif

Woo Hoo! I'm soooo happy you are willing to host this again!
I think a hatching egg swap would be fun
smile.png
Amy

We usually had it over Memorial Day week-end because it gave everyone an extra day at home. However, I found some people used that long week-end for camping or other things.

I am game for just about any date (except April 23), but it should be before the heat of the summer.

An egg swap sounds good.

Come up with more ideas folks !!!!!

Quote:
I agree... before it gets super hot would be best!
If others are into the idea of an egg swap... I should be able to bring Mottled Java, Faverolles (White, Salmon and Salmon Blue) and / or Barred Olive Egger eggs.
I'm looking forward to it! Amy

A 2011 Texas Chickenstock would be wonderful ! I've never been to one but sure would love to. I have a good friend who would be interested as well.....I have Black Copper Marans, Wheaten Marans, Blue Orpingtons, Welsummer, Olive Eggers (purebred Ameracauna hens with a Black Copper rooster) and working on Blue Wheaten Marans. Not sure just what I might have in eggs to swap but would certainly have something. Maybe some chicks to sell too.

I love the San Marcos area but anywhere out that way would be great. I agree that the date needs to be before it gets too hot.

Please add me to the list !!!

Peggy Taylor

Quote:
I'd be all over a few Maran eggs!
smile.png

A friend of mine and I went for the first time last year and really enjoyed ourselves! We are looking forward to this one as well!
I'm all for the get-together happening before the full on heat and humidity of summer
sickbyc.gif

We arrived a bit later than we had intended but did you guys have any games set up last year? Washers, anyone?
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom