Texas A&M ??'s

chickiepoo2

In the Brooder
11 Years
Nov 11, 2008
Charleston, SC
Is the texas A&M quail egg similar in color to other coturnix eggs? I read from another post a few days ago they are white meat birds. Does this mean they are all white meat birds or just certain parts. I ate coturnix, the regular kind.....I guess, and I didn't like the taste. Too dark tasting. Now I know I'm picky so can I get opinions and comparisons from those who've had both?

Quote:
A & M eggs are no different from normal coturnix eggs other than size....but jumbo browns can lay just as big of eggs as A & Ms can. A & Ms are coturnix, so their eggs are no different at all because it's the same bird just a different strain.

Coturnixs can lay eggs pretty much any color you can imagine....well other than green blue.....lol! They can lay pure white eggs, brown eggs, splotched eggs are most normal though.

WHat! You dont like coturnix meat!??!! LOL I think it's delish! I haven't tried A & M yet so maybe someone else can answer this part
smile.png

Oh and A & Ms are all white meat

Last edited:
Quote:
hmm that'll be interesting to see if they'll lay under only that. You know they can be off heat now right? (or do you have them where they need heat still)?

in my barn it is about 40 degrees. i only have it on them to make sure. i only heats it to about fifty. maybe i just like to pay the bill. they have been pretty piled up when i did turn it off on night.

Quote:
yeah i'd have heat on them too if they were out doors. My boogers in the house live at 59-61 F, we have our house set at 61, but at night with the fan on and our door shut, it gets down pretty cold in here. they're fine, however if i had ot put mine outside right now, you betcha i'd have heat on them....luckily i whined enough and they're allowed to stay in until spring he he heee....

Quote:
haha! Well, you can wean them off it slowly, like if you're experiencing warmer days like we were here, you could turn the light off then,and turn it back on it the nights. They've got the feathers, but im sure some are still blood feathers so they need atleast 2 more weeks of support (imo) before the lights go fully off. Least that's my oppinon on it lol! Im sure they're happy you put it baack on
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom