Texas BYC Cafe

My chicks came today! I have 5 bantam buff cochins and 5 bantam Delaware. I will only be keeping 2-4 of them though - had to meet the minimum to order them.

Delaware

One of each

Cochin

Del

All of them :)

Fluffy butt

They love this toy. It has shells at the bottom and a bell to ring. They like that shiny bell!

I tawt I taw a puddy tat! I did! I did! taw a puddy tat.

The kitties are going nuts over them, especially Owen. Sasha loves them too, although I think she thinks they may be toys or snacks.

They are so cute and FLUFFY!!!
jumpy.gif
So glad you are now a chicken Momma! :)

Where did you get them from?

Me too!!  Maybe in May. Not sure yet. 

Congrats Ms Jellybean!!!

After your post I did not think you would ever get chicks. About time!!!
1f60a.png

As Henless can testify they grow fast, so I would not linger on building that coop! The brooder I built was 15 square feet and at three weeks it was too small for 17 chicks. I secured a heat lamp in my coop and moved them down there.

Good luck!!

David

They are so cute and FLUFFY!!!
jumpy.gif
So glad you are now a chicken Momma! :)

Where did you get them from?
Thanks! They came from Welp Hatchery. Brynn did a group order for people. :) Thank you Brynn!

Congrats Ms Jellybean!!!

After your post I did not think you would ever get chicks. About time!!!
1f60a.png

As Henless can testify they grow fast, so I would not linger on building that coop! The brooder I built was 15 square feet and at three weeks it was too small for 17 chicks. I secured a heat lamp in my coop and moved them down there.

Good luck!!

David
Thank you :)

I am getting LF chicks in April or May. I'm on a waiting list for eggs and I am going to time out their hatching with additional chicks. I'm glad it will be warm enough to brood them outside then. I don't think I could handle another round of this chirping! I never would have guessed anything so tiny could be so loud! lol!

I had to line the brooder with cardboard this morning. One of the smallest chicks got out and was quite chilly when I found it at 6:45 this morning. It perked right up after a few minutes under the heat plate.

You're welcome!! :)
I'm enjoying chick sitting lol
But I need to get them out! I love the teeny splash silkie lol.
The birchens and 5 cornish are going home tonight, hen the silkies tomorrw morning.
Hoping I can find the 2 remaining nuggets some buddies!

@harley1975
@TexasLisa
@A1momof3
@ClovisMan
@lovingmyhens
@hungnguyen

Where have you been? You have been missed. Come see all the news. :)

@harley1975
@TexasLisa
@A1momof3
@ClovisMan
@lovingmyhens
@hungnguyen

Where have you been? You have been missed. Come see all the news. :)

I'm here. And my boy Charlie is turning 1 yr old this Sat. And moreover, Mom and Boy will both be in Austin by Apr 15 ... for tax itemization of course. Here is Charlie Boy with his b-day toy

PS: what happens to my sister Lisa ???

I'm here. And my boy Charlie is turning 1 yr old this Sat. And moreover, Mom and Boy will both be in Austin by Apr 15 ... for tax itemization of course. Here is Charlie Boy with his b-day toy

PS: what happens to my sister Lisa ???

Oh my goodness! He got so big so fast! He is just too cute. :)

Back
Top Bottom