Texas City, TX

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by nuts4hotwheels, Nov 16, 2012.

1. nuts4hotwheels

nuts4hotwheels Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I currently live in Kemah, TX but if all goes well I will be a resident of Texas City by January 2013. I just wanted to reach out and see if there were any other BYC members in the area.

2. cmclean

cmclean Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2011
    Pasadena,TX
    HI! I live only a few miles from you, in Pasadena!!! Good luck with your move!

3. AndiNell

AndiNell New Egg

Oct 21, 2012
    I live in Seabrook, TX! I'm still trying to figure out whether I'm allowed to have chickens where we are moving to. :D

4. nuts4hotwheels

May 8, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I'm sorry, are you moving to Seabrook or you currently live in Seabrook? I researched a few of the towns around the area in regards to chickens when we were planning our move and may be able to help.

I official own my first home and I am now living in Texas City and my neighbors across the street have chickens as well.

5. topdycke

topdycke Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2012
    Magnolia, Texas
    Welcome! and check out the Texas thread - there are a TON of folks all over the Houston Area - great group from all over the state too!

6. AndiNell

AndiNell New Egg

Oct 21, 2012

We currently live in an apartment in Seabrook, and will be moving to a rented house on April first. I got a better look at the yard at the rent house, and I think it's going to be too small to have chickens. :(

7. motherbird6

motherbird6 New Egg

Oct 30, 2014
    Hello there! Also curious about the legalities on seabrook , Tx 77586 or neighboring cities. I'm currently in San Leon 77573 which is a very relaxed area in regards to zoning. I contacted the water dept and they informed me that a RPZ valve must be installed to the water lines in order to have any livestock but that was it. She directed me to Galveston animal resource to get more info.. Which I'm in the process of doing now. Anyone have any knowledge of rpz valves or laws with backyard chicks around seabrook, la Porte, Pasadena, Dickinson please contact me! Thankyou!

8. nuts4hotwheels

May 8, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    When I was planning my move, I contacted the animal control department for each town and looked up the municipal codes. Make sure that you are not moving to a home with an HOA with their own rules as well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by