Texas heat shade idea!! (Pics included)

@Missceegee Did you see the above pictures?
Yes. The shade cloth structures are a great idea!

I’m referring to this “I’ve recently attached my coop to a large yard via a tunnel.” I don’t see anything connected to the coop as a tunnel. I’m curious because I have a similar coop/run but I want to get the chickens to the far end of that field to more grass.

I’m referring to this “I’ve recently attached my coop to a large yard via a tunnel.” I don’t see anything connected to the coop as a tunnel. I’m curious because I have a similar coop/run but I want to get the chickens to the far end of that field to more grass.
That is what they are calling a tunnel.

I was wondering the same thing @Missceegee .
@jlpierce45 can you clear this up?

41926191-EB4D-4E09-8464-F1EEC79512AB.png

So sorry for the delay I was down with the worst stomach bug. This is after a year and a half of use, so it has wear & tear on it. The pop door you see on the left is closed and latched at night so the tunnel is not predator proof. The bending you see is from my nephews and dogs leaning/jumping on it.

I framed the base with 2x4s so i could staple the hardware cloth to something, and i zip tied the other side to the pre-existing pasture fence. I also had to cut a 1ftx1ft hole in the pasture fence (not ideal but had to be done). There is also a hole in the top of the hardware cloth that I reach my hand into to close up the pop door.

Hope this helps!! I only have a video of the chickens figuring out the tunnel when it was brand new, im not sure how to post videos here :(.
@aart @Missceegee

View attachment 3118468
So sorry for the delay I was down with the worst stomach bug. This is after a year and a half of use, so it has wear & tear on it. The pop door you see on the left is closed and latched at night so the tunnel is not predator proof. The bending you see is from my nephews and dogs leaning/jumping on it.

I framed the base with 2x4s so i could staple the hardware cloth to something, and i zip tied the other side to the pre-existing pasture fence. I also had to cut a 1ftx1ft hole in the pasture fence (not ideal but had to be done). There is also a hole in the top of the hardware cloth that I reach my hand into to close up the pop door.

Hope this helps!! I only have a video of the chickens figuring out the tunnel when it was brand new, im not sure how to post videos here :(.
@aart @Missceegee
Thank you very much for sharing. I’m gonna see if it can figure this out for my field

Back
Top Bottom