Texas Natural Feeds

jadorsey9

Songster
7 Years
Apr 29, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
Has anyone used their (texas natural feeds) products before? They are made in Waco and are available in the dfw area. Non soy and non gmo but not technically organic) I am on my first bag of layena but I am uncomfortable with Purina products. Just looking for some feedback on this brand.

I am in Brenham area and would love to try this feed but it is not in my area yet. Have been buying Hiland but it is very expensive.

I started using this feed to get away from the GMO's and Soy as well as medication. I was buying it from the Austin Area and because I liked it so well and the birds responded the same, I decided to become a feed dealer. I only sell Texas Natural Feeds and Coyote Creek Feeds. None of the basic feeds. I am a speciality farmer with speciality eggs and meat. If anyone in the area between Galveston and Houston are interested in this feed, give me a shout at 409-457-5934. Thanks

I have been feeding Texas Naturals Feed Lay Pellets only for about 4 months now. I've started having problems with thin egg shells and soft shelled eggs, probably 4-5 a day out of about 3 dozen. There are many feeders filled with free choice oyster shell, and nearly all the chickens are free range over 2 acres. Is anyone else having this problem?

we get a few thin shelled a day as well out of a couple of hundred. But no more than we were getting before. I will however take better note of this. As long as I supplement with shell, I don't have a problem. But then I have always had to supplement. Thanks

A co-worker gave me a large Ziploc bag of the Texas Naturals chick starter (non-medicated)...I don't have chicks but I let the layers try it and they LOVE it. I had ZERO waste on the ground with the sample I gave. I have never had zero waste. Today I'm going to pick up a bag of laying pellets to see how they like it.

My chickens free range for hours every day and get oyster shell and treats.

I don't sell the product nor do I know anyone who does. This was my experience based on the sample.

My chickens are still eating this stuff up. Last night I put a bucket of feed in the feeder, then I put a pan under the feeder to catch anything that fell...there wasn't anything!

I'm still keeping my eye out for an increase in soft egg shells. I've had a couple, but nothing unusual. They have oyster shell but don't eat it much.

With the weather being so hot the chickens just huddle under their favorite shade trees, so not much bug catching or green eating going on. Any changes will definitely be related to the feed.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom