Texas twins move to Heritage Farmstead Museum in Plano TX

jasonm11

Songster
9 Years
Nov 18, 2010
tioga tx
Two of my boys, Sam Houston and William Travis moved to their new home today. They are the newest residents of the Heritage Farmstead Museum in Plano TX. We have been working with them to be people freindly and today they made the move. I think they will be very happy in their new home. They will be on display for all to see and will spend their days being pampered and enjoyed. Sam is already trying to woo the guinneas. If you are in the area, stop by and throw them a treat.

72229_heritage.jpg

72229_2011-10-03_11_07_33.jpg

72229_2011-10-03_10_51_54.jpg

Travis is fortunate to have Houston along - Guineas look to be cowering like Santa Anna's flock at San Jacinto...
cool.png

Way to go on the transfer to their new posting!

Quote:
Thanks, it was a pretty cool story. We gave our BR tom away a few months ago because he was hurting the hens and I made contact with a young lady at the museum as a result of the Craigslist post. we ended up raising these boys for her to spoil long term. The other jakes will not be so fortunate, they will only be spoiled until Thanksgiving.
wink.png

jasonm11 wrote: Thanks, it was a pretty cool story. We gave our BR tom away a few months ago because he was hurting the hens and I made contact with a young lady at the museum as a result of the Craigslist post. we ended up raising these boys for her to spoil long term. The other jakes will not be so fortunate, they will only be spoiled until Thanksgiving

Was wondering. Some turkeys have all the luck.

Reminds me of Clint Eastwood asking Chief Dan George if has anything to eat (in the Outlaw Josey Wales). The chief answers by holding up a translucent red chunk of `something' and saying: "All I've got is this piece of rock candy. But it ain't for eatin', it's just for looking through". I expect the visitors to the museum will enjoy seeing your boys.

ed:sp​

Last edited:
Quote:
Was wondering. Some turkeys have all the luck.

Reminds me of Clint Eastwood asking Chief Dan George if has anything to eat (in the Outlaw Josey Wales). The chief answers by holding up a translucsent red chunk of `something' and saying: "All I've got is this piece of rock candy. But it ain't for eatin', it's just for looking through". I expect the visitors to the museum will enjoy seeing your boys.

We had so much fun getting them to hand feed that we will do more next spring as well. I kept the best looking tom and the hens to breed next year, but truth be known the ones I gave away have more personality.

Back
Top Bottom