Texas

You know Im going to be 44. Grown hard *** of a man but I need HELP. I had a chick pip all the way around but couldn't get out. So i did what they all say don't do I helped him out. Hes has lil t rex legs/feet kinda crippled. Thought he'd die kinda hoping he would but danger it he won't. I have a twin brother that's in a wheelchair and has been since birth. I keep thinking of my brother when I see this chick and I can't kill him. I know its dumb and its a chicken but he's so strong and has a lot of fight but dangit its killing me to see him. Im not cut out for this lol

You know Im going to be 44. Grown hard *** of a man but I need HELP. I had a chick pip all the way around but couldn't get out. So i did what they all say don't do I helped him out. Hes has lil t rex legs/feet kinda crippled. Thought he'd die kinda hoping he would but danger it he won't. I have a twin brother that's in a wheelchair and has been since birth. I keep thinking of my brother when I see this chick and I can't kill him. I know its dumb and its a chicken but he's so strong and has a lot of fight but dangit its killing me to see him. Im not cut out for this lol

I know how you feel, our only bator try was a flop, I also helped one out, its feet were curled, I used a bandade to straighten the toes & made a splint for its leg but it still died after 3 days. It was eating & getting around some but............Good luck :)

Yes there kinda like witch hands. curled up a lil bit. but he seems to have a lot of fight. but i know the inevitable
You can try cutting little circles/softened point triangles out of a cardboard toilet paper tube, stick them on the bottoms of their feet and use little strips of vet wrap to hold the cardboard in place with the toes straightened out.

You'll need to watch it and make sure that the chick doesn't accidently fall into the water and drown since they can trip on their little "orthopedic shoes".

I would also put vitamins in their water - poultry nutridrench, non-iron children's vitamins, whatever you can get.

sent you a PM

Good Morning everyone!! Glad to announce that all my chickens (both older and the younger ones that i released into the group) are friendly enough with each other. first few days the older ones would run the younger ones back into the coup anytime they came out, but yesterday evening they were all out free-ranging in their yard together like a happy family. the guineas found a frog that was cause for some excitement for a while, even Pearl (my light brahma) joined in on some frog-leg treats. today i am going to pick up some meal worms for treats to attempt to convince a few, if not all, that i am not a big mean creature...even though i let my 3 yo niece who is staying with us for a couple weeks wear herself out with some chicken chasing from time to time so she will sleep, lol.

On another note, started easing the idea of some ducks to DW and she seemed onboard...so now i get to start looking into those breeds. From everything i hear from this thread, 'scovies seem to suit my situation best. I know alot of you have some of these and i am curious as to your housing for these guys. I understand that they are migratory and must rendered flightless, but how do you all do their water? I have 2-3 kiddie pools that i can use, along with an old outdoor goldfish pond that i can put in as well, will this be enough of a "body of water" for say 3-4 scovies to be happy? Penny for you thoughts?

Morning everyone, I hope y'all are all doing good! It's been a rough couple of days here, we lost our old dog Diabla. I had to take her to the vet yesterday and it was the hardest thing I've ever done. But I know she's chasing varmints in heaven now and isn't hurting anymore. Sorry to post bad news but I needed to vent a bit. She was 14 years old and lived a long good life and will be missed horribly!

always hard to lose a pup! i feel your pain. we had one of our Mastiffs pass away about a year ago...
hugs.gif

Buck up partner...she is happy now and doing all the things she wants. In the great free range in the sky!

14 years is wonderful! She looks like she was quite full of it. You and your family are in my thoughts. I am no stranger to loosing our 4 legged friends. I was our clinics euthanasia tech for 2 years. It's not easy loosing them. But knowing they are no longer hurting helps heal.

Back
Top Bottom