allen wranch

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
14 Years
15 Years
Jan 11, 2007
San Marcos, TX
I'll start this one.

I am in San Marcos, between Austin and San Antonio.

FYI
I have been keeping a spread sheet of Texas BYC members for several years. Right now it has 274 members on it. Of course some are no longer members or might have visited only a few times.

Texas, we are strong !

Last edited by a moderator:

Rafter 7 Paint Horses

Songster
13 Years
Jan 13, 2007
East Texas
I am near Mabank, Cedar Creek Lake.

We have horses, goats, Jacob Four Horn sheep, over 100 rabbits, approx. 300 head of several breeds of chickens, Guineas, 1 Brahman bull, 2 emu's, 1 pot-bellied pig, 1 wild sow, 3 Great Pyrenees, 1 Blue heeler, 1 BlueHeeler - Border Collie cross, & 1 Miniature Longhaired Dachshund.

Jean

Last edited:

bmarshall61

In the Brooder
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
I got a 90' Pine Tree in my 80' X 46' chicken run. Coming down your way to Ideal in Cameron. Do you know if they will let you pick up orders instead of having them mailed? I going to get 25 Buff Orphans, 25 Red Star, 25 Cornish Rocks and some guineas. Have you ever bought from them?
bob marshall

DaniCHE

In the Brooder
Sep 3, 2018
Hey Fellow Texans!

I'm in the Caldwell area, between Austin and Bryan College Station. We have a small, 6 acre place out in the country, and are fairly new to all of this business. We have 5 chickens, 2 heifers, 1 cow and a dog. We just love it! I especially love my chickens! I had no idea that I would enjoy these ladies as much as I do :love

7acres

Crowing
9 Years
Feb 7, 2012
Texas
Since it is warmer I decided to return to restoring some cast iron. Was working on a piece for cornbread sticks and then returned it to the electrolysis vat. Hen started singing so since I had to go by the coop I decided to retrieve the egg. I had a gate latch on the coop door. So I go in and get the egg. Suddenly a large gust of wind slammed the door shut. Wasn’t worried as I had a safety string to unlatch it from inside. Well the string had some slack in it and it caught it and pulled it inside the latch. Couldn’t raise the latch. Left my cellphone in the shop. No neighbors close enough to hear me. Had just talked to the wife and she thinks I have it on me. No way this 245 was crawling through a pop door or small vent windows. Tried everything I could think of for over an hour. Resigned myself to be locked in for several more hours. The waterer inside the coop has a handle on it. Fortunately it was soft enough to bend. After shaping and reshaping for over a half hour using an eye screw in the wall I was able to catch the top of the latch and pop the door open. Needless to say the gate latch is now replaced with a swivel hasp.

Kiki

🙄🤚Do More!
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
Jul 31, 2015
Houston, TX
My Coop
My Coop
Since it is warmer I decided to return to restoring some cast iron. Was working on a piece for cornbread sticks and then returned it to the electrolysis vat. Hen started singing so since I had to go by the coop I decided to retrieve the egg. I had a gate latch on the coop door. So I go in and get the egg. Suddenly a large gust of wind slammed the door shut. Wasn’t worried as I had a safety string to unlatch it from inside. Well the string had some slack in it and it caught it and pulled it inside the latch. Couldn’t raise the latch. Left my cellphone in the shop. No neighbors close enough to hear me. Had just talked to the wife and she thinks I have it on me. No way this 245 was crawling through a pop door or small vent windows. Tried everything I could think of for over an hour. Resigned myself to be locked in for several more hours. The waterer inside the coop has a handle on it. Fortunately it was soft enough to bend. After shaping and reshaping for over a half hour using an eye screw in the wall I was able to catch the top of the latch and pop the door open. Needless to say the gate latch is now replaced with a swivel hasp.
OH MY!
You better be glad this happened now and not in July!

Top Bottom