Texas

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by allen wranch, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Chucklecluck

Chucklecluck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2012
    Bastrop Texas
    My Coop
    Hello shy girl I'm out here in Bastrop if you look art the bottom of byc page there is an option to view it in mobile mode itreally helps on the older phones like mine. Also what kind of chickens do you have
    Also

1 person likes this.
  2. GFamily

GFamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2013
    Texas
    Welcome to BYC!!!

1 person likes this.
  3. TexasLisa

TexasLisa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2012
    Rosenberg, TX
    Howdy and [​IMG] from Rosenberg, TX!!

Congratulations on being owned by chickens!! Be prepared to slowly be sucked in to getting more chickens. It is what we do best.

Lisa :)

1 person likes this.
  4. GFamily

Feb 21, 2013
    Texas
    Amen to that!

My first flock I only have 15 red stars. Our city ordinance only allows 20 chickens and 1 rooster...and my girls are only 7 weeks old and I'm already thinking about the next flock of chickens I am going to get and how I'll figure it all out to keep them within the city ordinance but have all the breeds I want to get!

5. shygyrl136

shygyrl136 New Egg

May 18, 2013
    Manor, Texas
    I have 3 red sexlinks...I am going to try to figure this out, I will look on bottom, to see if i can navigate better[​IMG]
    Also, it wont let me upload pics from my phn, only from my computer. sigh.

6. shygyrl136

shygyrl136 New Egg

May 18, 2013
    Manor, Texas
    Okay, can anybody please tell me, what is wrong with this egg? I'm not sure if its something I'm feeding them, or not, or maybe just an oops egg? My ladies are new layers, only been laying for about 1/1/2 months. I've had a few rubber eggs in between, and this is the only egg I've had like this......[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

Just make sure they have enough calcium, manganese, phosphorus and vitamin D3 .. Young pullets often take a bit of time to start getting things sorted out. though with getting 'rubber eggs" it's quite possible their feed is a bit deficient.

there are a few other issues that can cause rubber eggs and also deformed eggs.. but since the birds are young my first thought would be an immature shell gland as well as feed deficiencies.

8. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

I think we posted pretty much at the same time (I have very slow internet today)

9. Zootopia

Zootopia Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2011
    Abilene, Texas
    Welcome all the newcomers. Come on in, grab a glass of Tea, pull up a chair and tell us what your chickens are up to today.

10. GFamily

Feb 21, 2013
    Texas
    Excuse my newbiness, but what is a rubber egg?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by