Texas

lau.gif
gig.gif
can't stand that show I'm 377 posts behind
ep.gif
we have lambs coming out our ears, 18 babies out of 8 moms so far, with 3 more ewes left to lamb
th.gif
Oh... Pics please. They are so cute!!

x2 is the short way of saying times 2, ditto, I agree or I was going to say the same thing...
big_smile.png
OIC!!
wink.png

Mine kinda looks like that. They are suppose to be Ameracauna. Will get a picture ASAP.
You and I are a lot alike. I LOVE cooking from scratch. Are you going to help out in the Texas BYC Cafe???? Anytime my husband brings up 'Mary and Martha' in class (he is the teacher), guess who he uses as his 'Martha' example???
hmm.png

AWWWWWWW......you are going to post pictures, aren't you?

Quote:
frow.gif
Welcome from Rosenberg! I had to look up your birds: BEAUTIFUL!!!

Lisa :)
Of Course Lisa, if you remember it was my weird mind that envisioned the cafe in the beginning.... over morning coffee. My mind is a scary place to be sometimes.
hide.gif

Shelby's new babies. I guess they are my grand-chicks! Lol

Buff

Black

White
Now these are my first Sillies. I can't tell if they are bearded or what. So Silkie x-spirts what can you tell me?
The top and bottom two look bearded and I suspect the middle one (the black) is as well.

Here's my muffed and bearded Ameraucanas the day they arrived. Look at the sides of the face--if they are bearded and muffed, they have a poof on their cheeks that goes down under their little beak. It isn't really obvious in chicks.

You are looking for a baby version of this:

Yes ma'am i do have hardware cloth!
1f61c.png

I was going to put latches on the out side of the doors but your saying to put them inside instead? Right?
Lol I have put a lot of time into drawing out per great detail what I am wanting. So there isn't any question, drawing it 3d even. At least the best I could. So I think I'm ready for his return and our beginning of this project. At least I have made a great effort to have things ready. He will have to give me marks for that!!
Both sides. If predators may be a problem (raccoons) use a double latch on the outside. A carabiner is a good lock.

Ok the older I'm getting the less tolerant I am of things! Lol I just went to the nursery to get some plants to put in my pots around my patio and pool. I spent 100 and I really didn't get that much. I lost a lot this winter not having a really good place to bring pots into. But I'm thinking I need to learn more about growing my own flowers from seeds and starters!! If I start now I could have some nice stuff by next spring! Lol

Everyone that knows me calls me Martha because I will make bread from scratch when it's Easier to buy it, homemade tortillas are WAY better than store bought, home made chicken pot pies are a pain but they are so much better than frozen ones..... You get the idea. So why not try this too!!

Welcome!! From way up in East Texas!
I love pots of flowers. They never do very well oat my house. I"m better with things in the ground.

I love baking my own bread. I don't eat a lot of bread so I don't make it often. Fresh tortillas are the bomb!

lau.gif
gig.gif
can't stand that show I'm 377 posts behind
ep.gif
we have lambs coming out our ears, 18 babies out of 8 moms so far, with 3 more ewes left to lamb
th.gif
Ohhhh! Pictures, lots of pictures. I wish I could have sheep. Someday. I hope. Sheep and apples in Australia, that is my my dream. The chickens go without saying. ;)

Oh... Pics please. They are so cute!!

OIC!!
wink.png

Of Course Lisa, if you remember it was my weird mind that envisioned the cafe in the beginning.... over morning coffee. My mind is a scary place to be sometimes.
hide.gif
Mine is too.

Did I ever post this recipe for cookies. They are soooooo good. I made them today and promptly gave most of them away. I could all of them in one day. They are so addictive!
I didn't refrigerate them at all and they worked just fine.

Lime Coolers

Cookies
2 sticks butter at room temp (1 cup)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 3/4 cups flour
1/4 cup corn starch
1 tablespoon lime zest
1 teaspoon vanilla

In an electric mixer beat butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Add flour, cornstarch, lime zest and vanilla.
Refrigerate 1 hour. (You may need to add a smidgen more flour.)
Preheat oven to 350*.
Shape dough into 1 inch balls and place about 2 inches apart on parchment paper lined baking sheets. Grease the bottom of a glass and press into granulated sugar and gently press glass on dough until cookie is about 1/4 inch thick. Repeat for all cookies, dipping the glass in the sugar each time.
Bake cookies for 9-11 minutes - until lightly browned on the edges. Cool

Glaze
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons fine grated lime zest
4 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice

In a small bowl whisk together powdered sugar, lime zest and lime juice until a light glaze forms. Spread on cookies.

The top and bottom two look bearded and I suspect the middle one (the black) is as well.

Here's my muffed and bearded Ameraucanas the day they arrived. Look at the sides of the face--if they are bearded and muffed, they have a poof on their cheeks that goes down under their little beak. It isn't really obvious in chicks.

You are looking for a baby version of this:

lau.gif
Ok the last pic got me, I wasn't expecting that. BUT great way to explain it. I love it and know I know! Thank you ma'am!

Both sides. If predators may be a problem (raccoons) use a double latch on the outside. A carabiner is a good lock.

I love pots of flowers. They never do very well oat my house. I"m better with things in the ground.

I love baking my own bread. I don't eat a lot of bread so I don't make it often. Fresh tortillas are the bomb!

Ohhhh! Pictures, lots of pictures. I wish I could have sheep. Someday. I hope. Sheep and apples in Australia, that is my my dream. The chickens go without saying. ;)

Mine is too.

Did I ever post this recipe for cookies. They are soooooo good. I made them today and promptly gave most of them away. I could all of them in one day. They are so addictive!
I didn't refrigerate them at all and they worked just fine.

Lime Coolers

Cookies
2 sticks butter at room temp (1 cup)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 3/4 cups flour
1/4 cup corn starch
1 tablespoon lime zest
1 teaspoon vanilla

In an electric mixer beat butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Add flour, cornstarch, lime zest and vanilla.
Refrigerate 1 hour. (You may need to add a smidgen more flour.)
Preheat oven to 350*.
Shape dough into 1 inch balls and place about 2 inches apart on parchment paper lined baking sheets. Grease the bottom of a glass and press into granulated sugar and gently press glass on dough until cookie is about 1/4 inch thick. Repeat for all cookies, dipping the glass in the sugar each time.
Bake cookies for 9-11 minutes - until lightly browned on the edges. Cool

Glaze
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons fine grated lime zest
4 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice

In a small bowl whisk together powdered sugar, lime zest and lime juice until a light glaze forms. Spread on cookies.
My DH loves lime and lemon stuff. I have got to try these but it for sure will have to be a day when they can all go as fast as I make them. Not good to have around when losing weight!
droolin.gif

I know you were asking Lisa but I still can't get over how similar the coloring is between ours but they started out so different...I'm going to end up keeping every single chick to see what they turn out like at this rate...my husband is not going to understand...lol

The picture is a little blurry but here's one from today of mine. The Cinnamon Queen is on the right and EE on left.

Hi, everyone, just wanted to say hello to all my fellow Texans, I'm in Harlingen, which is between Mcallen and Brownsville in the Rio Grande Valley - WAY South! New to the boards and looking forward to getting to know y'all. We have a little flock of baby Bielefelders. :)

It's good to have you join us!! This is a great group of people!
welcome-byc.gif

Mine kinda looks like that. They are suppose to be Ameracauna. Will get a picture ASAP.
You and I are a lot alike. I LOVE cooking from scratch. Are you going to help out in the Texas BYC Cafe???? Anytime my husband brings up 'Mary and Martha' in class (he is the teacher), guess who he uses as his 'Martha' example???
hmm.png

AWWWWWWW......you are going to post pictures, aren't you?

Quote:
frow.gif
Welcome from Rosenberg! I had to look up your birds: BEAUTIFUL!!!

Search Results

Store Bielefelder | Greenfire Farms​
greenfirefarms.com​
- 800 × 584 - Search by image
Bielefelder​

Try these too:

View more
Images may be subject to copyright.-Send feedback

Thanks Lisa-now I want one of these too!!!

hide.gif
Yes, it was. I was not thinking straight (do I ever???).

Thanks Lisa-now I want one of these too!!!
I am SO sorry about that weird post. I have no idea how it put all that space in there. I tried to edit it but I couldn't. They are beautiful!!

Back
Top Bottom