Texas

A lady stopped by asking about my geese. I went and got 1 of the pair of month old female African goslings to show her. When I took her back to her friend, I saw the RIR cockerel on top of her breeding her! :eek: :mad: thankfully the baby didn't have any scratches on her back from the cockerel but dang. Whoever heard of a rooster trying to get it on with a baby female goose? The cockerels are in lockdown for now. Man I need to hurry up and find all my supplies for culling those trouble makers quick!

Last edited:
Hello,
I am in Riesel, just outside of Waco. I mainly have peafowl but I do have some chickens and we are planning on growing a bigger flock. I have found a lot of great information on this site!

Hello,
I am in Riesel, just outside of Waco. I mainly have peafowl but I do have some chickens and we are planning on growing a bigger flock. I have found a lot of great information on this site!

Welcome from East Texas
D.gif

Anyone here from the Houston/Galveston area? A pair of 6 week old white chinese geese were abandoned at a lake in the area. The people who are looking out for them can't keep them. The babies are living on the lake now. If anyone closer can take them look at the thread titled Someone dropped these off. If no one can take them I am willing to provide a home, but I am in the San Antonio area, and am terrified of Houston traffic. Please help us save these precious babies!

Last edited:
A lady stopped by asking about my geese. I went and got 1 of the pair of month old female African goslings to show her. When I took her back to her friend, I saw the RIR cockerel on top of her breeding her!
ep.gif
somad.gif
thankfully the baby didn't have any scratches on her back from the cockerel but dang. Whoever heard of a rooster trying to get it on with a baby female goose? The cockerels are in lockdown for now. Man I need to hurry up and find all my supplies for culling those trouble makers quick!
Supplies? All you need is a sharp knife!

Hello,
Welcome from Waco! Finally someone in my neck of the woods! I'm a true backyard chicken-er with a flock of 4 barred rocks kept in my urban back yard. May add two more but have to keep them to a minimum due to space constraints

Back
Top Bottom