Texas

Anyone in the Beaumont area know where I could get some straw to use as bedding? I've asked the couple people I know who have chickens, and they let me know they got theirs from the local feed store, but that store told me they didn't have any. After the good rain we had this weekend, the straw definitely needs to be replaced in our temporary housing/hutch.

I am having great difficulty finding straw here in West Texas as well. I was told the last cutting was poor and there won't be any until the next cut. Of course, that was at the same time they were trying to get me to buy a tiny bale of compressed for an outrageous price. :/

I am having great difficulty finding straw here in West Texas as well. I was told the last cutting was poor and there won't be any until the next cut. Of course, that was at the same time they were trying to get me to buy a tiny bale of compressed for an outrageous price. :/
you can buy the packaged straw at tractor suppy where the pine shavings are

Ok well I'm going to plan B with getting some chocolate egg layers! Plan A was a really good one but divine intervention said no. Hmm brookshire11 was an awesome foster mommy for my marans and leg bar but alas, 3 went missing yesterday from her yard. She's quite upset, but it is what it is and we can't beat ourselves up for things we have no control over. If anyone hears or knows of spmeone up by Tyler that sells marans please let me know. My mom lives up there and I'll be heading there sometime this summer and would be able to pick up some. I'd really like only the age where I can stick em in the back yard.

Here is a women that has them just north of Tyler. I ordered 10 a few days ago she is going to hatch them out for me. My plan is to end up with 5 hens and 1 rooster. But she may have some older or you mite work something out with her. http://easttexas.craigslist.org/grd/4431932538.html

It doesn't sound terrible. Closure is always nice.
They're 6 weeks. So not too tiny, but definitely not street smart.

I'll try and stop dwelling on it, I know it doesn't help
hmm.png
It just...I don't get how.
Keep Calm and Carry On..right?
hu.gif

If they we're my own it'd be easier...I'd still be sad but I wouldn't feel like I let you down.
You did NOT let me down! You did your best with what you had to work with...chickens. lol
Here is a women that has them just north of Tyler. I ordered 10 a few days ago she is going to hatch them out for me. My plan is to end up with 5 hens and 1 rooster. But she may have some older or you mite work something out with her. http://easttexas.craigslist.org/grd/4431932538.html
Thanks I'll check it out!

sorry I wasnt sure size/price my brother just told me they sold it there.

That's about the same price as what's available for small animal bedding at Petco... I'm with Brookshire. What is a fair price for a deep-litterish amount of straw? We haven't built our coop yet or need actual deep litter, but the more dry, clean straw I can get for a decent price, the easier life is going to be.

Back
Top Bottom