Texas

I have this 6 month old Brahma/Cochin Cockeral that needs a new home. He was very slow to mature but now at 6 months he is taking his liberty with my ladies and so is my other rooster. The gang bang the poor ladies, They have stopped egg production because of this too I'm pretty sure. Some of them are missing a lot of feathers where the roosters will grab and chase them and pluck them out to mount them. He hasn't asserted his dominance over the other roo yet and I have yet to hear him crow. I need him to find a new home quickly. We are in Lubbock, Texas and I know trying to rehome a rooster is like pulling teeth but I figured I would start here. He is very handsome!
It's the multi colored one.

You can see here some of the feather missing off this hen's rump

I named my place Cackling Ranch after an inside joke. My best friends mother used to call us cackling hens all the time... Mostly in our teen years, but, we still shriek in each others presence.
Cute1

My wife is Greek (well, Cypriot, actually), so we used part of a traditional greeting during Easter, and ended up with Anesti Farms. I would try to identify something that is unique to you, your birds, or your situation and expand on it. Everyone has "creek" "wood" and "river" - come up with something unique and interesting!
Ooh! I like that. And you're right, that's one of the reasons we wanted to stay away from landscape lol

We're trying out The Crooked Hen Homestead for now. It's a little nod to our family cat that passed away when we moved up here. And a little reference to how animated my favorite hen is when she looks at me.
Obviously the word "crooked" might not inspire good connotations, so if we keep it, I'll have to balance that out. But I thought it was a cute, quirky name that could follow us wherever we end up.

We're trying out The Crooked Hen Homestead for now. It's a little nod to our family cat that passed away when we moved up here. And a little reference to how animated my favorite hen is when she looks at me.
Obviously the word "crooked" might not inspire good connotations, so if we keep it, I'll have to balance that out. But I thought it was a cute, quirky name that could follow us wherever we end up.
I'm seeing a crooked cartoonish cottage with a hen standing on the roof. That could be cute.

I'm seeing a crooked cartoonish cottage with a hen standing on the roof. That could be cute.
Thanks! Obviously we don't have a full homestead, yet, but it can't hurt to go ahead and get everything reserved, like you suggested..so I did lol.
Domain name, FB page and a pinterest..just in case.

Thanks! Obviously we don't have a full homestead, yet, but it can't hurt to go ahead and get everything reserved, like you suggested..so I did lol.
Domain name, FB page and a pinterest..just in case.
McKinney, Texas. I have been through there twice in 8 years. Usually on my way back and forth to New Mexico. It is a long drive from East Texas.

Great idea reserving everything.
Wish I could say it was mine..lol

McKinney, Texas. I have been through there twice in 8 years. Usually on my way back and forth to New Mexico. It is a long drive from East Texas.
We used to make trips from Houston to San Diego.
Different route...but I hear ya on the drive.
Takes all day just to get out of Texas! lol

Back
Top Bottom