Texas

I'm sorry...but for some reason I can't help but think of my best friend right now....

Sooooo..let's rewind to the 80's.....and my best friend Tony....

He was a black man and a funnny guy....and very gregarious....he would start a conversation with anyone on the street.....

I lost touch with Tony for many years.....and finally saw him a few years back....we got back together for a short while.....

I don't know if he's alive or dead....but I miss him....and..I missed him for many years while he was feeling sorry for himself.....and concentrating on dying instead of living.....

So...let's live while we can....

We're officially on our way home. The boys (my nephews 2, and 8) have had a long day. Started it with killing a snake trying to get into the quail pen. Then a two hour drive to Spring where they had a pool, water slide, bouncy castle, and all sorts of stuff to play with. They played for HOURS. Then cake and food and fireworks until the boys could barely stand. Its been a fun day all in all. Fwew!

Incuview report continued: Just candled the first run of French Jumbo Guinea Eggs in the Incuview, I removed two more eggs that showed to be infertile compared to the development of the others. That leaves 18 French Guinea and 5 chicken for the final run to hatch. I think the little incubator is doing great and holds temperature very well. I think the eggs I took out are due to the Jumbo Guineas have such a hard time breeding and thus a low fertility rate. I will lock down and bring the humidity up on Tuesday.

Last edited:
Ok...so I have two Texas rat snakes...one of which I just caught out of the wild....

Now...the new one was eating eggs right before I caught it...but the one I raised from a baby never has despite my efforts...

So...just to change up their diets and for convenience when they might possibly be "off-feed"...(trust me...dead mice get nasty fast).....I want them to have some eggs occasionally....

So...what I'm looking for is some smaller eggs....I think grocery store eggs may have two problems that are keeping my older rat snake from taking an interest in them...they're large...and have no smell....

So...what I'm thinking is if someone close has some bantams or small breeds that can either ship or I can pick up...I can feed these snakes with...please PM me so we can work out the details.....Thanks.....Doug.

Incuview report continued: Just candled the first run of French Jumbo Guinea Eggs in the Incuview, I removed two more eggs that showed to be infertile compared to the development of the others. That leaves 18 French Guinea and 5 chicken for the final run to hatch. I think the little incubator is doing great and holds temperature very well. I think the eggs I took out are due to the Jumbo Guineas have such a hard time breeding and thus a low fertility rate. I will lock down and bring the humidity up on Tuesday.

Thanks for the update! I just had another horrid hatch with my Hovabator Genesis - stupid Styrofoam thing had temps swinging all over the place despite being in a room that was consistently 84-85 degrees. Of course my small Brinsea was wonderful and all eggs put into it hatched without a problem but just doesn't hold enough eggs and costs an arm and a leg. Sounds like this Incuview is doing well and may be on my list to get soon.

Ok...so I have two Texas rat snakes...one of which I just caught out of the wild....

Now...the new one was eating eggs right before I caught it...but the one I raised from a baby never has despite my efforts...

So...just to change up their diets and for convenience when they might possibly be "off-feed"...(trust me...dead mice get nasty fast).....I want them to have some eggs occasionally....

So...what I'm looking for is some smaller eggs....I think grocery store eggs may have two problems that are keeping my older rat snake from taking an interest in them...they're large...and have no smell....

So...what I'm thinking is if someone close has some bantams or small breeds that can either ship or I can pick up...I can feed these snakes with...please PM me so we can work out the details.....Thanks.....Doug.

I'd check Craigslist for folks selling farm fresh eggs or that have bantams that might sell eggs.

Last edited:
I honestly can't remember...but I think I tried those with Oscar....with no success ....again...those were store purchases....and were undoubtedly washed (and probably with bleach)....

Anyway....these snakes are capable of swallowing large size grocery store eggs....they're both full grown and somewhere between 4 1/2 and 5' long....

I just want them to get accustomed to eating eggs...(especially Oscar..who never has) but quail eggs are a bit small because I plan on supermarket eggs in the future....

Back
Top Bottom