Texas

No to windy up there, only place I no that blows mud during storms. Do like the hunting, and stop for overnight stay and have a great steak at Amarillo's great restaurants. I'm in the eastern part of state, Palestine.

Well I'm way over closer to Midland/Odessa but I have some Cornish, a few assorted bantams (Not sure what they are yet, besides one Frizzle, I just can't resist a tiny Banty), 4 ducks (wanting Geese SO bad), and my layers are 3 EE, 4 Marins, 4 Legbars and 5 Amerucanas. They're still only a bit over a month old, but we're looking forward to some fun colored eggs this summer.
I'm just west of Abilene!

Wow! It's such a small town, most people have never heard of it!
wink.png
I used to live on a ranch in Yorktown, and it was on the route to SA. Always thought it was far enough away from SA to not be in the city and close enough to have access to SA if you wanted to go to the airport, river-walk, museums, etc. I love SA in small doses -- but prefer rural living to city living.

Did you tell us about your chickens?

What kind of critter comes out during the day that will grab a chicken? All my girls cam out of a thicket of bushes and vines squawking like crazy so I ran over did a head count and was short one girl. Only trace I found was a large pile of down feathers but no trail or anything else. I'm going to miss my Loretta...she was my best and sweetest layer.

What kind of critter comes out during the day that will grab a chicken? All my girls cam out of a thicket of bushes and vines squawking like crazy so I ran over did a head count and was short one girl. Only trace I found was a large pile of down feathers but no trail or anything else. I'm going to miss my Loretta...she was my best and sweetest layer.
So sorry for your loss. -- It could be anything - but it seems that the predator I see most often in daylight is coyote. Why do they always tak e the favorites?

My goat Ebony graced me with boy/girl kids

Edited to add, they were up and nursing, but were panting so I took them inside to cool off for a bit. being born is hard work.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom