Texas

I have Olive Eggers in my FBCM coop. They are the product of a Black Americana who was rejected by the Blue Americanas (who knew chickens were racist) They came out interesting. They were all black hens, with more of an Americana head with feathered feet. I known they are being mated by the FBCM roos. So, I suspect their prodigy would create an even darker green egg. I have three girls in there pushing out olive eggs, but another generation should make them darker. I have been collecting their eggs, rather than eating them, to try to hatch a second generation.

Last edited:
this is my best egg layer not shure if she's barred OEGB or barred rock boughther as a pair with a for shure silver duckwing OEGB ROO mom of my 8 chicks hatched and raised them herself

I have Olive Eggers in my FBCM coop. They are the product of a Black Americana who was rejected by the Blue Americanas (who knew chickens were racist) They came out interesting. They were all black hens, with more of an Americana head with feathered feet. I known they are being mated by the FBCM roos. So, I suspect their prodigy would create an even darker green egg. I have three girls in there pushing out olive eggs, but another generation should make them darker. I have been collecting their eggs, rather than eating them, to try to hatch a second generation.
nice strategy.

------------------ Anyone else getting Dewberries?------------------------

Somehow I thought that they came in later -- but here they are. I nearly tried to rip up all the brambles about a month ago too -- and now I'm glad I didn't. Also my Magnolia tree is blooming -- isn't this a bit early? or is it just me?

Kind of looks like a Christmas tree -- must be 60' tall.....

Back
Top Bottom