Texas

I need help!! I am trying to get pt tested to get my NPIP certification. I have a flock of Silkies & Satins, and a few easter eggers for eating eggs. I tried calling the one lady in Angelina County posted on the tester site and no luck.. So I called the one posted for Nacogdoches only to find out I can't be tested!! I have chicks under the age of 16 weeks & because I've never been tested every single bird has to be tested what do I dooooo!!!!??? I'm so about to cry and scream and cry again. I have so many chicks and will need the NPIP once my Mille Fluer new bloodlines are established next year.
Oh also I'm in Lufkin Texas. Married stay at home mom with 4 daughters. I love my fluffy butts.

I need help!! I am trying to get pt tested to get my NPIP certification. I have a flock of Silkies & Satins, and a few easter eggers for eating eggs. I tried calling the one lady in Angelina County posted on the tester site and no luck.. So I called the one posted for Nacogdoches only to find out I can't be tested!! I have chicks under the age of 16 weeks & because I've never been tested every single bird has to be tested what do I dooooo!!!!??? I'm so about to cry and scream and cry again. I have so many chicks and will need the NPIP once my Mille Fluer new bloodlines are established next year.
Oh also I'm in Lufkin Texas. Married stay at home mom with 4 daughters. I love my fluffy butts.

You can get the older birds tested with the promise of keeping the two groups separate, and once the rest are old enough get them tested as well. That's what I had to do.

How many birds under 16 weeks do you have?

You can get the older birds tested with the promise of keeping the two groups separate, and once the rest are old enough get them tested as well. That's what I had to do.

How many birds under 16 weeks do you have?

At a guess 50 chicks, from 2 months down to 2 days. It's ridiculous everyone I've spoken to personally has had this done & yes the person showed up and tested every single bird older than 16 months.. But no way did they say you can't have chicks. Chicks are hatched from my birds from my eggs. No they aren't kept in same pens but in the same yard. Personally I think this rule is getting confused. Yes for first time testers all flock members of laying age have to be tested. But it never says you can't have chicks younger than 16 weeks on the premises. Once you've been tested in every following year they only test a certain percentage or a bird from each breeding group. That is my understanding on how it is supposed to be done.

At a guess 50 chicks, from 2 months down to 2 days. It's ridiculous everyone I've spoken to personally has had this done & yes the person showed up and tested every single bird older than 16 months.. But no way did they say you can't have chicks. Chicks are hatched from my birds from my eggs. No they aren't kept in same pens but in the same yard. Personally I think this rule is getting confused. Yes for first time testers all flock members of laying age have to be tested. But it never says you can't have chicks younger than 16 weeks on the premises. Once you've been tested in every following year they only test a certain percentage or a bird from each breeding group. That is my understanding on how it is supposed to be done.

You are correct in that this is how it should be done. I am not suggesting you do this, but if you have somewhere else to put the underage birds during the testing...

Hello!!! I am chatting from Cedar Creek TX... We are gearing up for our first flock here... That might still be a few weeks or even months away since we are going to try to build the coop ourselves =)... We do plan to free range them and lock them up at night as we live in a very woodsy area... Just wanted to say hello and maybe make some new friends nearby =D Hope everyone is having a fantastic day!!

Back
Top Bottom