Texas

Hello,
I'm from southeast Texas near Beaumont. I am new to the site and chickens in general. I was recently gifted 7 RIR and 2 Leghorns by a friend to get me started. Kids wanted their own chickens for Christmas so I contacted a local breeder and she, a total stranger, gifted us 3 Lavender Marans and 5 Black Copper Marans because they didn't meet the standard for some reason or another and she wasn't going to sell them. So I bought my wife 2 Gold Laced Easter Eggers from her because I don't want something for nothing. The EE Leghorns and all of the Marans will be egg producers and pets until they aren't producing anymore. The RIR and all offspring will be sold or food. Here to learn and buy sell and trade. Anybody in my area?

Last edited:
Hello,
I'm from southeast Texas near Beaumont. I am new to the site and chickens in general. I was recently gifted 7 RIR and 2 Leghorns by a friend to get me started. Kids wanted their own chickens for Christmas so I contacted a local breeder and she, a total stranger, gifted us 3 Lavender Marans and 5 Black Copper Marans because they didn't meet the standard for some reason or another and she wasn't going to sell them. So I bought my wife 2 Gold Laced Easter Eggers from her because I don't want something for nothing. The EE Leghorns and all of the Marans will be egg producers and pets until they aren't producing anymore. The RIR and all offspring will be sold or food. Here to learn and buy sell and trade. Anybody in my area?
Welcome to the Texas thread! Make yourself at home. I'm in South Central Texas.

Hello,
Welcome to the forum, and the Texas thread! @RUNuts and you are practically neighbors, you should ask him over to evaluate your coop and extract some free labor from the slacker.

Slacker nothing. I got a quail coop to put up between now and February. :D

Yes, welcome @JB8907!
See and I have another ready made coop on the property I bought, however, I gave up on my weird Vulturine Guienna ideas. Also my wife doesn't want Malay's as I do. I can't imagine what a hangover is like with guinneas around.

See and I have another ready made coop on the property I bought, however, I gave up on my weird Vulturine Guienna ideas. Also my wife doesn't want Malay's as I do. I can't imagine what a hangover is like with guinneas around.
You don't want to know, how much a hangover can be caused by guineas! :old

Back
Top Bottom