Texas

007Sean

Becoming Ridiculously Awesome
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Oct 25, 2015
South Central Texas
Ummm....called tsc this a.m. asked when chicks arrive? about a month. Tsc we site says hoover hatchery (Iowa), so I asked if they get chicks from ideal (Cameron-about 30 miles)? He said he didn't know-they come in the mail 🙄
They aren't the 'sharpest tools' in the shed @ TSC

Matejka

Crowing
Mar 12, 2020
Lyons Texas
Went to feed chickens this a.m. coat and flannels. Just got the chit bit out of me! Had back turned, getting feed and whatnot I turned and slapped (instinct)
20210114_073650.jpg

AllenK RGV

Chicken Addict
Premium Feather Member
Jul 23, 2017
Deep South Texas Laureles,TX 10A
A beaky twerp View attachment 2491143 View attachment 2491144 and she got me again today. Any suggestions on a stop. She's nor aggressive or mean just nips at me when I feed. I guess she's hungry. 1🤔
Possibly do not get cutsie and hand feed them? Not one of my birds get close they get out of my space when I feed. That is something my entire flock respects(my space). Even the roosters do the "chicken little" if I am near.

Matejka

Crowing
Mar 12, 2020
Lyons Texas
Never hand feed. Not sure exactly whats going on. I have been limiting feed (since I got them). Maybe they think their starving? Over anxious? See feed bucket and trying to hurry up the feed?
3 cornish x
2 cups of feed 2 x a day. The evening feed is when she's nipping at me. Since its colder, are they needing more feed? Same amount split into 3 feeds?
1 cup a.m. 1 cup noon 2 cups nite?

electrycmonk

_This space intentionally left blank_
Premium Feather Member
Aug 8, 2019
Happily caught in the 'Denton vortex', Tx
My Coop
My Coop
Never hand feed. Not sure exactly whats going on. I have been limiting feed (since I got them). Maybe they think their starving? Over anxious? See feed bucket and trying to hurry up the feed?
3 cornish x
2 cups of feed 2 x a day. The evening feed is when she's nipping at me. Since its colder, are they needing more feed? Same amount split into 3 feeds?
1 cup a.m. 1 cup noon 2 cups nite?
Sadly I tried to get a mathematical answer like you are now suggesting at least twice over the last year & 1/2 with no luck....
Just told to keep the jugs full.....

Top Bottom