Texas

Chickens are fly control. They love maggots and will fight me for them. I add more carbon to the wet stuff to suppress the stink and let nature go.

We are fighting biting buffalo gnats. Nasty little buggers that hang around the quail. Vinegar bowls are slightly effective, fly traps grab a couple, permethrin fly spray is the only thing I've found to knock them out of the air. Don't like using it, but I do.

Feed the maggots to the chickens. Spray the flies. Good luck.
I use a dynatrap bug catcher on our porch.
No problems with flies or mosquitoes there, but get out of trap range
OHHHHH BOY! Hurt myself slapping.
Love my dynatrap, and I empty it into a coffee can and then feed the bugs to the chickens. Win win!

I use a dynatrap bug catcher on our porch.
No problems with flies or mosquitoes there, but get out of trap range
OHHHHH BOY! Hurt myself slapping.
Love my dynatrap, and I empty it into a coffee can and then feed the bugs to the chickens. Win win!
Dad's coworker had an electric bug zapper outside the barn. When the guinea fowl were released, they ran to the zapper all you could eat breakfast buffet and cleaned up. Win-win.

I like the look of number 7, what is he like? Is he still gentle? Also roughly where are you located?
I would say he’s probably the calmest of the 3 but only because I haven’t noticed him crow yet. I’m positive one of the other 2 has been and pretty sure the other has been also. But none of them are bad boys yet. They are 9 weeks old tomorrow. I’m in Devine which is about 30 miles SW of San Antonio. So not super close by to you unfortunately. I think a meet in the middle would take about 1.5 hrs. Here’s a pic I got of him yesterday

Attachments

• 4555EC99-2A83-4B9B-9411-0206026577CF.jpeg
    4555EC99-2A83-4B9B-9411-0206026577CF.jpeg
    987.5 KB · Views: 2
I would say he’s probably the calmest of the 3 but only because I haven’t noticed him crow yet. I’m positive one of the other 2 has been and pretty sure the other has been also. But none of them are bad boys yet. They are 9 weeks old tomorrow. I’m in Devine which is about 30 miles SW of San Antonio. So not super close by to you unfortunately. I think a meet in the middle would take about 1.5 hrs. Here’s a pic I got of him yesterday
I would be willing to meet half way. How much are you looking for?

I would be willing to meet half way. How much are you looking for?
I honestly wouldn’t charge anything for him. I’m not a breeder I just happened to have a hen go broody and it’s hard enough finding good homes for roosters. I could meet you with him but probably not for a couple of weeks if that’s ok with you. My daughter is in her last couple weeks of school and then we go to the coast so we are super busy until after that. But if you’re in no rush for him it probably wouldn’t hurt for him to get a little older first anyways. Just let me know, no rush.

I honestly wouldn’t charge anything for him. I’m not a breeder I just happened to have a hen go broody and it’s hard enough finding good homes for roosters. I could meet you with him but probably not for a couple of weeks if that’s ok with you. My daughter is in her last couple weeks of school and then we go to the coast so we are super busy until after that. But if you’re in no rush for him it probably wouldn’t hurt for him to get a little older first anyways. Just let me know, no rush.
Oh ok, yeah I’m not in a rush. Just let me know when you want to meet up.

Back
Top Bottom