Texas

Pics
Wow How wonderful to know there ARE other people in central Texas on this forum. I am in Niederwald right between Austin and Lockhart.

I am a beginner my chicken are scheduled to arrive 4/23/07 and I can't wait.
yippiechickie.gif

My neighbor has chickens in her front yard and inspired me to start my own "chicken ranch".

Fran,
I think most of the new people are from the central Texas area. I think that is so cool. When I first joined BYC, there was no one around I could talk chick'n with.

Congratulations on your new chicks. Not long now...

Hi Ya'll, finally switched over. Formerly login as Jan in Tex, now Sweet-Pea's Grandma (can you guess who became a grandma:D)

I'm in New Caney, Tx about 35 miles north of Downtown Houston. I have 36 (hens) Production Reds , 2 Roos, 4 cats and 1 retired hubby:p

Jan

Hi all! I am in Austin, right on Lake Travis. Actually, only about a mile from Lakeway but we are not part of Lakeway township..
smile.png
i am getting my second batch of chicks anyday now. We had several chickens on the farm we rented but lost all of them to predators. we were new to the process of chickens and thought we were doing the right thing by free ranging..
sad.png
In December we bought our first house here in the Lake Travis area and decided to try again! My husband's boss is getting 8 chicks from his son's classroom that they hatched, they are about 2 - 3 weeks old. I'm very excited!!! We got the coop done last weekend and only need to work on the details: pine shavings, etc...

where do i find out about the byc texas branch?
smile.png
thanks and hello!!

Hi and welcome! If you want to keep predators from getting your chickens, get a mini horse or donkey, they are good at keeping other animals out of the chicken area and always have a roo to protect your girls.

Back
Top Bottom