Texas

So this is the little guy I think is a roo. He is also not afraid of me, my hand, or my camera! I have one other one with an obvious comb and very small tail feathers. The rest you can't see the comb. Anyhow, I hope I am right, and I have two roos!

Last edited:
I did not know you had Cubalayas. Where did you get your Cubalaya from?

im getting a trio from troyer on this site. they are crosses but they will add what I want to my project I am working on with my own crosses... that is IF the gubment gets their heads out of they @$$3$! im paying for them with my gibill!!! and that may not happen if the shutdown continues!

If anyone is interested in a free, rumpless, BCM/Aracauana Roo, let me know! He hatched from a huge olive egg! Oh, and he's 2 months old.

Last edited:
im getting a trio from troyer on this site. they are crosses but they will add what I want to my project I am working on with my own crosses... that is IF the gubment gets their heads out of they @$$3$! im paying for them with my gibill!!! and that may not happen if the shutdown continues!

Troyer is a great guy and has some really nice birds. I am glad you are getting them from a breeder and not frim a hatchery. All but one hatchery (that I know of) all get there Cubalayas from the same line and that line has a genetic heart defect. As far as showing them, you should know that Cubalayas are in the rebuilding stage and an actual show quality Cubalaya line does not exist outside of Sam Brush's line. Getting a show quality bird will be a long hual and be very a costly project.

update!!
I'm sure you were all just sitting on the edge of your seat waiting for the raccoon update....lol
tongue.gif

My neighbor caught and shot 1

last night we finally received our trap, had to order because everyone in town was out, set it and caught a huge raccoon....
bagged it and plugged it into the tail pipe!!!

had an avocado tree to plant so we just dug a little deeper, buried the coon, added dirt, planted the tree!!

never thought I could kill anything in my 51 years...this didn't bother me much at all....it's them or my chicken family so I chooossseee......my chickens!!
smack.gif

Back
Top Bottom