Texas

Were they horsehair worms? I found some in my dogs water years ago along with a floating wasp.

http://www.ipm.iastate.edu/ipm/iiin/horsehai.html
Thanks for the link.... I do not know........ I found some more in a different area and took pics. That is our thoughts so far is that another bug got knocked out of the tree and viola... worms, but now that I have found more it is back to being
sickbyc.gif

Texas women not needing a man around -- but they are so very handy with the heavy lifting - maybe that's something that comes with age (wisdom)
Hehe! Whenever the guys at Tractor Supply come around, they always ask if I'd like any help. I just shake my head and start lifting 50 lb. bags of feed into the cart, nice and easy. One of the older guys there always says something like, "What happened, huh? Nowadays, men are pansies and women are lifting heavy bags on their own. Hmph," and he'll walk away muttering.

I'd like to think I won't need a man to lift feed for me when I'm living on my own. This lifting is just getting me ready, haha!
big_smile.png

Thanks for the link.... I do not know........ I found some more in a different area and took pics. That is our thoughts so far is that another bug got knocked out of the tree and viola... worms, but now that I have found more it is back to being
sickbyc.gif

That's what they look like to me.

sickbyc.gif

Hey guys, sorry for the absence. First my computer took a crap (and I hate the BYC site on my phone ugh), then I have been busy keeping up with babies that I set free in their new run. Everyone had disappeared on here for a few days before that, so I got bored (yes short attention span). Anyhow, how is everybody? Oh and I could not resist, here is a picture of my little guy that I have dubbed Cogburn. All the other little ones are so skittish still, but not him. Every time I went out today he came to me and hopped on my lap or arm. Stole Momma's heart. He is still feathering out so he looks goofy with some fuzz and some feathers, poor guy.

Last edited:
wee.gif
hello Kirbyville finally a neighbor of course in Texas if your within an hr drive your neighbors funny how in some states an hr drive and you are out of state
I'm in Bridge City we ride up to Dinner Bell for breakfast any weekend that's nice. - I'm chicki-vicki been on here a couple yr - but sad to say I'm still in the planning
stage. I know it's sad, just cant get hubby on board, but I have a sneaky feeling it's about to change around here I wont my coop and run up and ready for some
spring chicks The Almanac is saying Texas is in for a cold winter if that's the way it goes I'll be just as happy waiting for spring that is knowing I'm ready
I have learned so much on BYC - not sure I would have even attempted this if I hadn't found such a supportive bunch. Right now I'm working on Guineas -
I have a bought coop, found some great plans and info and I have a handyman hired for as long as that works out. I'm interested in their help in my veg garden with
bugs. Chickens are to rough and harm the plants , all I can find out Guineas wont harm the plant , and I will welcome the help with the bugs. I'm a small
operation the garden is about 30x60, 3 guineas should be about right. We have 15 acres on Cow Bayou, and about a doz cows a few calves, and a few to many bulls
who have gotten to big for their britches. They will need to go! I'm also looking for a couple donkeys around here their used as guards for the calves the cyotes. have gotten several of ours this yr. Breaks my heart I realize this is and old post but maybe your still around . nice to have some to talk to hopefully

Hey guys, sorry for the absence. First my computer took a crap (and I hate the BYC site on my phone ugh), then I have been busy keeping up with babies that I set free in their new run. Everyone had disappeared on here for a few days before that, so I got bored (yes short attention span). Anyhow, how is everybody? Oh and I could not resist, here is a picture of my little guy that I have dubbed Cogburn. All the other little ones are so skittish still, but not him. Every time I went out today he came to me and hopped on my lap or arm. Stole Momma's heart. He is still feathering out so he looks goofy with some fuzz and some feathers, poor guy.
So cute! He just looks like an awkward pre-adolescent.

celebrate.gif
Thank you for the welcome - a good cold snap I would welcome it kills the bugs hiding out till spring to ambush all the plants

I too am really hoping for a new coop and run ready to receive babies in the spring. Going to start on Guinea housing in a spot close to my garden
it's a smaller project so I'm thinking I'll get the ball rolling with that plan first. Got my fingers crossed.

sickbyc.gif

Am I the only one that's going to have nightmares about finding these things all over the place?

I think I would make the perfect Riviera gal - always in the 70 that would suite me just fine a little nip early morn and a little sun mid day Tex would do good right there

Back
Top Bottom