Texas

These are 3 of my four turtles. One is at school. They got a new aquarium Thursday when I hit their other one on the corner of the counter as I was going to clean it. This one is super huge. Squirt is up by the front glass and franklin and crush are on the rock basking in the fake sun.

Here is a pic of two of my Tortoises
hugs.gif
love.gif
Nyah and Zurri
hugs.gif
love.gif
They are Sulcatas. They can weigh up to 150 to 200 pounds when they are full grown. I have had them since they were two days old. They are just about 11 years old now and can live for 150 years. This was taken Summer before last and they have added about 10 pounds
love.gif
love.gif
They are such gentle loving creatures
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
I also have Russian Tortoises and Central American Ornate Wood Turtles as well
hugs.gif
love.gif

Last edited:
I hope I'm done moving as we'll. it's too stressful when you are single. Nearly jumped off a tall building when I moved 2 1/2 yrs ago. I don't want a roo but I'd really like a couple of exotics, but they don't lay as well as more normal one. Y'all are terrible at enabling!
We take that as a THANK YOU! More 'enabling' coming your way!

I'm going to have to live vicariously through you...I will not, WILL NOT get an incubator nor will I get chicks!! I will not I will not I will not
So she says.....YES YOU WILL.

Lisa :)

Here is a pic of two of my Tortoises :hugs :love Nyah and Zurri :hugs :love They are Sulcatas. They can weigh up to 150 to 200 pounds when they are full grown. I have had them since they were two days old. They are just about 11 years old now and can live for 150 years. This was taken Summer before last and they have added about 10 pounds :love :love They are such gentle loving creatures :love :love :love I also have Russian Tortoises and Central American Ornate Wood Turtles as well :hugs :love [/quote They are so very cool! Do they just chill out in your back yard?

Good evening all! I had a great day today with my chickens with their first time free ranging without me right next to them! I noticed that my chickens were spending almost all day in their coop and not coming out to their run. It was a gorgeous day and I didn't want them "cooped" up ;). So I decided I would rather take a chance with free ranging to have happier birds. They LOL

ED it! Here is a pic of our roo "Einstein" outside the run looking in.

He is beautiful!

I'm going to have to live vicariously through you...I will not, WILL NOT get an incubator nor will I get chicks!! I will not I will not I will not

I decided not to get an incubator. An incubator would have to be used over and over again. That's a scary thought. I have Silkies and I'm counting on them. I won't notice that they aren't brooding the way I'll notice an empty incubator.

Did I tell this group that my falcon expert friend told me they used Silkies to incubate the eggs of Peregrine falcons in the 70s when they were almost made extinct by DDT? He told me falcon breeders still use Silkies to this day. I worried the babies might eat mama, but he told me they put the eggs in an incuabtor to hatch as soon as they start pipping. They don't want falcons imprinted on chickens.

I decided not to get an incubator. An incubator would have to be used over and over again. That's a scary thought. I have Silkies and I'm counting on them. I won't notice that they aren't brooding the way I'll notice an empty incubator.

Did I tell this group that my falcon expert friend told me they used Silkies to incubate the eggs of Peregrine falcons in the 70s when they were almost made extinct by DDT? He told me falcon breeders still use Silkies to this day. I worried the babies might eat mama, but he told me they put the eggs in an incuabtor to hatch as soon as they start pipping. They don't want falcons imprinted on chickens.
frow.gif
You told us about the Silkies incubating the eggs, but we were awaiting if the Silkies raised the falcons. Interesting that they would move the eggs. History has shown animals raising something different than them. I would be curious to see what would happen if the Silkie did raise the falcons.

Hope you are doing well!

frow.gif
You told us about the Silkies incubating the eggs, but we were awaiting if the Silkies raised the falcons. Interesting that they would move the eggs. History has shown animals raising something different than them. I would be curious to see what would happen if the Silkie did raise the falcons.

Hope you are doing well!

A Silkie couldn't raise them because they are so vulnerable when they hatch and need to be fed around the clock for a couple of weeks. Below is a picture of the first Gyr falcon hatched at the conservation facility he runs in Abu Dhabi. A Gyr falcon, the largest falcon, is an Arctic bird whose normal breeding territory is in the Arctic. I'm impressed he was able to successfully breed Arctic falcons in the Middle East. I reread his latest email and he said that the eggs are "usually" removed from the broody chicken before they hatch when they start pipping, so some of them must actually hatch them! I thought ducks sent broody Silkies into a tizzy when they found water. Imagine a Silkie hatching out this little thing.

Back
Top Bottom