gig.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif
! I'll let Sweet Hung tell you how much it really is in US Coin
lau.gif
gig.gif
love.gif
hugs.gif

I am worried though since the new birds will not come down off the roosts at all if she is out. They will sit up there day and night and not come down for food or water. I had to lift food and water up to them for them to even eat or drink and they gobbled it down. She is honestly being quite vicious. I have added birds to my flock before previously with my larger flock and didn't have as much of a problem like I am having with her. She is pulling tons of their feathers and leaving really nasty bites on the jersey giants comb. Also if they are caught on the ground by here they will run to the corner and try to bury themselves there and she is relentless in pecking at them.

Put her in a small cage. Give them all more room so they can escape.

Good morning All,

I was so busy lately with several tasks at work. And more important .. with the immigration file I put together for my new wife ... I sent them out yesterday and should be about 7 mos, they will interview her for Visa; keep my finger cross.

I met Melissa yesterday and got 4 Polish babies from her. This is a gift for a friend of mine to start her poultry career. These are gorgeous, 1 blue, 2 white and 1 colorful one (don't know how to call)

Lisa, Teri ..watch your mail, lots of money is coming to you.

It was so Awesome meeting you
hugs.gif
love.gif
love.gif
I love my boat in a bottle
hugs.gif
love.gif
love.gif
The Blue with a white crest is a Polish. The Black with white crest is actually a cross between a Sultan and a Polish. I call them "Poltans"
lau.gif
love.gif
! The White with Blue dots is also a "Poltan". The Curly feathered colorful one is actually a Frizzled Tolbunt Polish Rooster
hugs.gif
love.gif

Put her in a small cage. Give them all more room so they can escape.
I tried this as well and she started jumping into the top of the cage, I am afraid she will break her neck she is hitting the bars so hard.... I don't mean to sound like I am making excuses, this is just what is going on. Also even if I have them all out in my back yard she will still go and pin them down. She just needs birds that are more dominant like her. My previous RIR kept her in place pretty well, and my amerucana would stick up for herself when she would get tired of being bullied.

I'm with you on that. Everything I plant is native except for the veggie garden. I have a great book on planting in dry areas, RAINWATER HARVESTING FOR DRYLANDS AND BEYOND. I bought my first two rain barrels. I know, only two, but it is two more than I had last week.
We have food safe blue barrels for our rain barrels. One of days I might paint them so they look nicer. I'd like to have more barrels too. Long term goal is a cistern for rain barrel run off storage.

Even at our old place down in central TX where we had trees and more water, we really tried to do xeriscaping for any landscaping plants that we used. If I am going to give water to something, I prefer to save that precious commodity for growing things that are food or medicinal in nature.

I'll have to look at that book and see if there is anything in there that I haven't seen before.

Quote:
Thanks for the gifts Melissa, it was nice to meet you two. I will let Teri and Lisa figure out how much they get when they try to deposit it. Thanks to the government in Vietnam, now this country is proud that they have so many self-made millionaires.

Well, I don't think my hen is actually broody, haha!

I had gone out earlier and she was laying an egg, so I left and came back 30 minutes later to retrieve it. I reached under her, pulled out the egg and left. When I came back again, she was still in the nest, so I took her out and she plopped onto the ground (as broodies do when they are dead-set on being mothers). She made her way back into the nest, clucking angrily at me for disturbing her.

Well, I went back into the coop a second ago (I was trying to introduce New Year's Eve chick to the flock and it wasn't going well, so I was hiding out with him for a second so he could calm down). In the hen's nesting box was another egg and no hen!

Now I'm wondering where the heck that third egg came from or whether I just postponed my hen from laying her egg in the first place. If that's the case, who laid the first egg? What's going on here?!

Ugh...I really wanted to hatch muscovy eggs. Now I have to just buy the darn ducks as adults. I don't know anyone who breeds them locally and I don't think the seller in Lytle has them. Muscovy ducks are supposed to be really good meat birds (they aren't fatty like pekin ducks) and they are really good foragers. I need them!

I know what you mean! I was wanting muscovy's as well and they are quite difficult to find!
barnie.gif
I hope you find some soon! Do you not have an incubator? I would let you borrow mine if you wanted to hatch some out! I just have a Little Giant Still Air Incubator. I tried hatching chicks once in it and I don't think I added enough moisture, Only two really developed very far but they didn't make it. I need more practice with it honestly.
hmm.png

Muscovy's are definitely prime meat birds. I had to sit through this lecture from one of my Chef's I school about how they were just the best duck for cooking..i tasted the evidence. I have to agree....lol

Back
Top Bottom